Chapter 23 ♕

Season 2 Chapter 7

---------------------------------------------

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Your Highness, Princess Alyanah the king asked you to be prepared for the incoming banquet." The brunette lady in waiting said to the blonde princess. The princess just nodded her head, not really looking forward to the said banquet.

'It's nice that father opened the palace to celebrate Ali's birthday but... there are too many people that I don't know. ' The young woman thought.

'I don't want to go.' 

The princess then looks at her bedroom window as she watches different people from around the world enter the palace's main gate.

'Even the Kou Empire send their Crown Prince to this banquet... What are they thinking?' She thought as she remember seeing them from the west tower of the palace a few days ago.

"Elijah." The Princess said, looking at the brunette woman that was in the room together with her.

"Did... did father send him an invitation?" She said as she emphasized the word him to her maid.

"Are you pertaining to the young merchant, your highness?" The maid said teasingly. Elijah and Alyanah have known each other for a long time now. She came from a family of a fallen noble from the south. The young princess stumbled to her when Elijah's parents tried to sell their own daughter so they could pay for their debts. Out of pity for the woman, Alyanah gave them money with the condition of never showing their faces to Elijah again.

"Well, it's not like I am acquainted with any other man, Elijah." Alyanah said sarcastically as she frowned at her friend's knowing gaze. The brunette just laughs a little and proceeds on grabbing something from her skirt pocket. She then approached the blonde princess and gave her a white envelope with gold and purple trims on it.

"What is this?" Alyanah said, grabbing the said envelope. She then carefully studied the envelope. She then noticed some written words at the lower part of the envelope. It was written in a messy cursive form. Like a toddlers' writing.