Chapter 12 ♕

"I did not know that your brother likes to joke around." I said to Kougyoku.

"Jokes? He does not Sis. Brother is a very serious person." She said while adjusting the ribbon at my dress.

"Then, why does he want me to wear this dress?" I said looking at myself in front of the mirror. Well, there is nothing wrong with the clothes. It is so beautiful honestly. It is a dress fit for an empress, which is quite too much for me. I am just a guest here at the Imperial Palace courtesy of the Royal children... But even though we are close, I think it is too much. It is more extravagant than Kougyouku's clothes! She is the Imperial princess! Not me!

"You should not be ashamed or so Sis! Brother Kouen wanted to see you wearing this dress! It suits you well! It feels like it is made just for you! And you are the one he chose since a long time ago." Kougyouku said mumbling the last part.

"What? I did not hear the last part?"

"Nothing!"

"Well, it is beautiful that I would agree. But, what would the other people say? I am just a nobody. I am not even a royalty nor his bride." I said.

"Hush Sister. You know what, let me tell you something. This is the dress that the late Empress, Brother Kouen's, and Koumei's mother wore at her engagement party with the Emperor. He let you wear it because he cares for you so much. It means he favors you." Kougyoku said while looking at me sincerely.

"What!? No wonder it is so beautiful and extravagant! I should take it off! Hurry! Help me!"

"No, No! I said it fits you well Sis! Come on!" She said. I just stood there in front of the mirror in silence and in defeat as I let her and the maids finish their work.

'What if I accidentally tear this dress off? Or maybe accidentally spilled my tea? Oh no...'

"The Stupid King is here." Judal said while suddenly appearing out of nowhere.

"Judal! You should knock first! This is a lady's room." Kougyouku shouted angrily at him as she punched him.

"What seems to be the problem? It's not like she's naked or something. I did not see anything anyway." He said acting innocently then he slowly looks at my way.

"Oh... What an improvement. The Princess looks like an Empress now." He said as he admired me, looking at me up and down while walking around me. He is like inspecting a rare creature

"What kind of stupidity is that Judal?" Kouha said, popping up in the room. He then looks at me.

"Oh? You look so pretty Sis! The dress fits you well." He said happily.

"Thank you." I said, too many compliments for this day is tiring me up.

What's up with this dress and the word beautiful and pretty?

"They said that if the late Empress dress fits the supposedly next empress or rather someone who is about to be wed to the Emperor or the Crown Prince, she is the right one." Kouha said seriously.

"Oh..." I said as I admired myself in front of the big mirror. I really look like an Empress of Kou in this dress.

"Wait, what!?" I shouted as Kouha's words sank into my mind.

"Yeah, so why not marry Brother Kouen after the visit of the Sindrian King?" Kouha said excitedly.