Chapter 20♕

Season 2 Chapter 4

---------------------------------------------

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

"You are here again." The red-haired young man said to the lady with blonde hair.

"Of course, I am here, where else should I go?" The lady said while chuckling making the young man flustered.

Silence then follows the two. Only the sound of the wind blowing and crickets of the insects are the only thing that could be heard.

"Tomorrow's the last day..." Kouen mumbled as he looks at the stars.

"Yes, it is." Aly said.

"Are you going to the final banquet tomorrow night?" Kouen asked as he wonders every time he attends the banquet he could not spot the lady in there but then he always met her in the garden.

"Well, I have to." The lady said as she flashed a smile at Kouen making his heart race.

'What is going on?'

'Am I that sick?'

"Then perhaps I can officially ask you for a dance then?" Kouen said, still not giving up on the idea of dancing with this lady that look like a garden fairy right now. He loves the idea of dancing with this beautiful lady in front of many people. He wanted to show off how lucky he is to dance with this her.

"We already danced though?" The lady said confused.

'This guy does not seem to be the kind of noble who likes to dance in front of many people  though?'

At that point, what Aly thought was right.

'Why am I so eager to dance with her!? Dancing is tiring and unnecessary to us soldiers.'

"I- I just--"

"Hahahaha, I am just kidding. Of course! But you should ask me first, okay!?" Aly said, still laughing at how this stone-looking guy stuttered at her when he thought she would refuse. Kouen then suddenly grabbed her hand making the lady shocked at his sudden unexpected movement.

"Here." Kouen said as he place his gift on her hand, it is wrapped in red silk with gold ribbon around it it, it also have a black and almost grayish colored norigae ornament that acts like a decorative keychain.

'Did I scare her?'

"What is this?" Aly said while admiring the norigae. It has two butterflies and flowers on it. She then smiled at Kouen.

"It is beautiful." She said.

"Open it."