Special Chapter

Chapter 5.5 Interlude

---------------------------------

-------------------------------------------------------

"Brother." someone shouted.

It is bright and sunny these past few days, unlike the past months here in Kou Empire.

'Hmm, come to think of it, Judal said that he is going to deliver the necklace to Lady Alyanah. Will she like it? It is quite simple than I expected, but gifting her a grandiose necklace might overwhelm her.' The Crown Prince of Kou Empire thought. Not even hearing his second brother's call.

"Brother En!"

'It is quite a shame that I cannot deliver it myself. It will cause a dispute if I personally deliver it to her.'

As Prince Kouen is the heir to the throne and also the general of the military of the Empire, he was unable to just leave his post as he wish, as it will end up being a huge commotion to his vassals.

'Should I ask Koumei to look for more jewelry merchants? Hmm, then maybe ask Kougyoku and Hakuei for their opinion as well. I do not know what a woman would like anyway. Yeah, let's do that.'

The Prince thought, mumbling things such as "Hmm... red and gold will suit her..." and "We should order more silk.."

"What seems to be the problem? Is Brother En that exhausted because of work that he cannot hear us? And what is he even saying?" the younger Prince, Kouha asked his second Brother, Prince Koumei with concern in his voice.

"Maybe? But I highly doubt it." Koumei said as he stares at his eldest brother, clearly aware of what is going on in his head.

*knock knock*

"The great priest and Magi wish to enter and talk with you Your Highnesses." announced by the servant outside. As the eldest Prince is out in dazed, the second Prince answered "Enter."

"Yo!" Judal, the Kou Empire's magi said as he pushed the door open.

"Greetings Magi." Koumei said and nodded at Judal.

"Yeah yeah, whatever." Judal said not even glancing at the second Prince which Koumei does not really find bothersome. They are used to the Magi's indifference to the Royal Family and somehow find it refreshing whenever he does that.