Chapter 17♕

Season 2 Chapter 1

---------------------------------------------

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Oh~~ our lil' Kouen is here~~~." A man with soft blue hair and eyes said. The man smiled gently at the red-haired boy as he pats his head.

"Brother! You know that Kouen does not like to be addressed like that!" The boy with dark blue hair and slanted eyes said, "Kouen, what took you so long? Let's go! His Imperial Majesty, the Emperor is waiting!"

The red-haired boy then followed his cousins inside the audience room where the current Emperor, Hakutoku currently resides in. 

"What do you think will Father announce today? Is it about the incoming birthday of our sister?" Hakuren asked while looking at his eldest brother, Hakuyuu.

"Hmm~, I wonder. But he would not ask the whole family's presence and the vassals for just that, right? What are your thoughts Kouen?" Hakuyuu said as he looks at the child who is walking 3 steps behind them.

"Your Imperial Highness, the Crown Prince --"

"Oh come on now Kouen, just call me aniki like you used to." Prince Hakuyuu said while pouting.

"But I cannot do that, Your Highness. That will be disrespectful." Kouen said with a firm voice.

"Ha... This child. Sometimes I wish you did not grow up, I still remember how you call me onii-sama back then. How you follow Hakuren and I ---"

"Stop! Please... aniki..." Kouen said while whispering the last word so silently but enough for his childish eldest cousin to hear.

"What!? That is so unfair! How about me Kouen!? I always protect you from Eldest brother's antics! Call me brother too!" Hakuren said while pushing and pulling the young Kouen's shoulder.

"Hey, that's enough! Clearly, I am the favorite cousin so admit your defeat lil' brother, hahahahaha." 

Hakuren, still not clearly happy mumbled "Unfair... So unfair." multiple times as they entered the main palace.

-----

"Announcing the entrance of His Highness, the Crown prince Hakuyuu. His Highness, the second Prince Hakuren and Lord Kouen!"

As the three young men entered the audience room, the people inside looked at them with admiration, jealousy, and pride. These three men alongside the current Emperor won multiple wars in order to expand their territory so they can provide an abundant life and food to their citizens.

"We great His Imperial Majesty, the Emperor." The three men said in unison.