Chapter 14- Mission

Bucky pov

  I took Haley upstairs when everyone else started to go to bed. She took two naps today so she wasn't tired at all. I stayed up till 3:00 am reading to her so she would fall asleep. I was so tired I just fell asleep in the rocking chair with her on my lap.

  When I woke up Haley wasn't on my lap anymore, but I heard her talking in her room. I went to her room and saw Nat playing with her.

  "I'll be right back sweetie." Nat told Haley as she got up. "I came to tell you, we need you on a mission." She continued when she reached me. We walked into the kitchen where Haley couldn't hear us to talk.

  "I can't" I told her.

  "Why not?" She asked

  "I have a child you know." I told her.

  "Yeah, but we have Happy and the rest of Tony's staff that will watch her. Besides it's only a few hours." I knew she wouldn't stop asking me so I agreed. Haley would be fine for a few hours, right?

  "When do we leave?" I asked.

  "You've got half an hour soldier." Natasha said walking away. I went to tell Haley.

  "Haley come here for a second," I said sitting on her bed. I sat her on my leg and began. "Daddy has to go help the Avengers." I said and she just looked at me, "that means I have to leave for a little bit, but I'll come back." I continued.

  "No Daddy. You can't go." She said tears in her eyes and fear on her face.

  "I have to baby." I told her. I got her dressed and took her downstairs to meet Happy.

After she met Happy I told her goodbye and got on the jet, the last thing I saw before the door closed was my daughter with tears streaming down her face

Time skip**********

  We finished the mission, and were headed back to the tower. We walked in and saw a man that had been shot and left on the ground Tony asked j.a.r.v.i.s what happened but he got no answer.

  "Tony didn't you reinstall j.a.r.v.i.s in the tower after you fixed him." Sam asked.

  "Yeah a while ago." Tony replied. I took off running. I found Happy on the ground shot in the shoulder. I ran around the tower looking for my little girl. We searched for hours, but she was gone. Someone had taken her. HYDRA. We started looking all over the city, when we didn't find her we went back to the tower. We would continue our search tomorrow.

Haley pov

  I was with Happy when the bad men came. No one was there to protect me so they took me. They shot everyone in their way and dragged me into their van. When we got to where they wanted to take me. They pulled me inside and put me in a big chair. They attached all kinds of wire and machines to me. They turned them on and left.

  It hurt really bad, it was worse than all my dreams. They did this every day until I passed out.

Bucky pov

  We followed countless leads only to be heartbroken when we didn't find her. Two weeks later we got another lead. We all got in the jet and headed to Siberia, where I was kept.

  "Me and Bruce will secure the border, Nat, Sam, Thor and Clint will take care of the HYDRA agents inside, Tony you hack into their systems and shut them down and Bucky you look for Haley." Steve said and we all nodded.

  We got off the jet and began our mission. I walked in the too familiar hallways searching every room. I was running out of rooms to check. Then I found her. She was passed out in a chair and hooked up to a bunch of machines. She still had on her shirt, jeans and boots from two weeks ago. Her clothes were ripped as if she'd been dragged, and her clothes were dirty and bloody. I began unhooking her. When I got her free I told everyone I got her through the coms. I grabbed her and my gun and walked out of the HYDRA base onto the jet. As soon as I got on the jet I dropped the gun and held my baby close to me. I rocked her and cradled her until we got to the tower. I held her close to me all night long. I didn't want to lose her ever again. I laid her down in bed next to me and went to sleep.

  I woke up the next morning and she was still passed out I decided to take her over to Bruce's lab. I hadn't let anyone touch her since I found her. He examined her and said said might be in a coma. He hooked her up to fluids and gave her a feeding tube. She was in the coma for three days, I never left her side.

   I was reading a book to her, I paused and she asked, "What happens next Daddy." In her small voice. It was a bit scratchy, but she hadn't talked in days. I went over and hugged her then continued the story. I called Bruce, Tony and Steve to the lab after the story. They all came running in and she cowered away from them. I stopped them and wouldn't let them come closer.

  "Bruce just tell me what to do and I'll take her upstairs." I said.

  "Uhh- Just take off the tape over the iv and pull the needle out."

  I did as he said, I pulled the tape away. Before I pulled out the needle, I covered Haley's eyes. I carefully pulled the needle out, and waited for more instructions. I also put a band aid on her arm.

  "I really think I should-"Bruce started but I cut him off, "Banner what now?" I asked.

  "Take the tape off her cheek and carefully pull the tube out of her nose." He said, emphasizing carefully. I took off the tape and started to pull the tube out of her nose. She began to whimper, so I went slower. After pulling the long tube away I wiped to blood from her nose with a tissue. I carefully picked her up and ran out of the room.