Chapter 15- Shopping

Bucky pov

  When we got upstairs I manually locked down our floor (Tony had this installed for emergencies and if you did it manually no one could get in unless you let them in).

  When I finished I turned around to face Haley. She was looking up at me with pained eyes. What had they done to her? I decided to give her a bath maybe it would make her feel better.

  I started a warm bath and got her a few toys. I scrubbed the blood and grime off of her with a soapy rag, and then rinsed her off. I dried her off and dressed her in some pjs.

  I fixed her a little bit of food to eat, which she ate slowly

  I fixed her a little bit of food to eat, which she ate slowly. Then I took her to bed so we could sleep. She slept on my chest.

  That night she woke up crying and screaming. I calmed her down and convinced her to go back to sleep every time. I spent all night awake because of that.

  When Haley woke up she wanted to play but she was also hungry. So I set her on the kitchen counter while I cooked. She stayed quiet all morning only speaking when she wanted something. I just laid down Haley for her nap when heard Steve outside begging me to let him in. I refused, but he kept pleading. When he gave up he left and another Avenger came pleading until it was back to Steve.

  "Just let me talk to you" he pleaded. I let him in and then locked the door again.

  "How is she?"he asked.

  "She's scared Steve, she barely talks, she fears seeing anyone but me, she has nightmares every forty-five minutes." I said my voice shaking.

  "It'll be okay everything will come back to the way it was soon."

  "But you don't know that Steve." I said, then Haley screamed. I ran to the room and picked her up me facing Steve so she wouldn't see him. I "shhhh'ed" her and rocked her until she was sleeping again. I put her back down and started talking to Steve again.

  "Her birthday is soon isn't it? Are you gonna celebrate?" He asked.

  "Yeah, June 27th in three days. I don't know if she'll like it, she doesn't trust anyone anymore."

  "We can try can't we?" He asked.

  " Okay"

  "Friday at noon be in the lounge." He said walking away with a smug smile.

  "No surprising, you'll scare her more" I called after him. After Steve left I went to check on Haley tears streaming down her rosy cheeks. I woke her and wiped them away. I read some books to her as she sat in my lap looking at the pictures.

  She got tired of reading so she went and played with cars for hours as I watched her. I was so tired I fell asleep right there, in her rocking chair. I woke up when a little girl began to climb into my lap.