Chapter 20- Starting Potty Training

Haley pov
(A/N changing it up a bit:))

  I woke up in my bed. How did I get there? Daddy was still sleeping, and he looked hungry. Daddy never let me cook with real food, so I made him waffles with my toy food. I put it on the kitchen counter then went to go get Daddy.

"Daddy, wake up" I said shaking his arm. He jumped up, that made me scoot back a little. He was really fast and that was scary, the big men were fast too.

"Hey it's okay, doll" he said and I scooted back to him.

"I made you breakfast!" I said smiling, his face went from sleepy to panicked. "Come on." I said dragging him by his arm.

We got to the kitchen and I pointed on the counter. He looked relaxed when he saw my toys.

"Okay doll, what do you wanna eat for breakfast?" He asked.

"You're not gonna eat your breakfast?" I said. It made me sad.

"Oh of course." He said sitting in front of the toys. He pretended to eat it and dropped it in him lap. I laughed and he smiled. "Go put these away while I cook." Daddy said when he handed me my toys. I put them up and came back in the kitchen. Daddy put some eggs on the table. I don't like eggs, but Daddy makes me eat them because he says they'll make me strong. I ate a little then I was bored and it started to feel like bugs were crawling on me. I started scratching my arms to try and make them go away, but it didn't help.

  "What's wrong, doll?" Daddy asked.

  "There's bugs all over me." I said.

  "Let me see." He said and started looking at my arms and legs, "No bugs."

  "But I feel them." I told him.

  "Okay, I believe you. Maybe they'll go away if you play."

  "Okay." I said and Daddy came to my room to play. We decided to play with dolls. Daddy makes a silly Barbie voice. He played with me for a long time before he said he was gonna go make lunch. I was really sleepy so I laid in my bed and fell asleep.

  Bucky pov

  I went to make lunch while Haley played, but when I came to get her she was sound asleep in her bed. I did some research during her nap, I read a few online articles to find she may have ADHD or it could be just her trauma. I hated having to say she had trauma, I wish she didn't, it's all my fault she does. I stood up and threw the computer across the room. I tried to calm down by taking big deep breaths.

  "Daddy?" I turned around.

  "Hi princess." I said trying my best smile.

  "Are you mad again?" She asked.

  "No sweetie." I lied. I was mad, but not at her.

  "You promise?" She asked, looking in my eyes.

  "I promise." I told her, keeping the eye contact. She wanted to play more, but this time we played cars.

  "You still wanna use the big girl potty?" I asked.

  "Yes." I got in reply. I then went on explaining to her that if she had to go to the bathroom to come tell me, only during the day. I decided to only do day time until she gets used to it then try at night. Once I explained that, I tried explaining how to use the toilet, but I don't think she understood well. She wanted to keep playing losing interest in my explanation quickly. Maybe this was gonna be hard.

  I told Haley I was gonna go cook dinner, which she ignored and kept playing. I was almost done when I heard small steps behind me.

  "Daddy I have to pee!" Haley screamed.

"Okay, okay. Calm down." I said as I turned of the burner on the stove. We got in the bathroom, I set her on the toilet and waited. We sat in the bathroom for about 30 minutes before she decided to go eat. It was a failed attempt, but it's better than nothing.

  "Daddy can we see auntie Nat?" Haley asked during dinner.

  "Sure princess, if she's here." I said. She should be here I think she got back from her mission earlier today.

"Okay." Haley replied. We finished dinner and went to go find Natasha.

  Nat pov

  "Auntie Nat!" I heard a little girl almost scream. I turned around to a toddler running towards me. I caught her and picked her up.

  "Someone's excited to see you." Bucky said, walking up to us.

  "Obviously. It feels like you've been hiding her away from me." I said

  "Never." He smirked.

  "Hey Steve." I called as he walked in.

  "Hi Nat. Bucky wanna spar?" Steve asked. He looked at me unsure.

  "I've got her, go. We'll be I the lounge." I said walking out. I planned to train Haley one day.

  "Auntie Nat, guess what?" She asked.

  "What?" I asked opening the door to the stairs.

  "Daddy's teaching me to use the potty." She said with a smile.

  "Cool." I said, walking into the lounge. "Wanna watch a movie?" I asked.

  "Yeah!" She said. I put her down and she went over to the cabinet to find a movie. She picked Tangled. She fell asleep right when Rapunzel was healing Eugene's hand, but I continued to watch the movie. Steve and Bucky walked in right when the movie ended, both with a few new bruises.

  "Hey N-" Steve started, but I turned my head and shushed him. They both quickly noticed the sleeping girl next to me.

"So, I heard about the potty training." I said after Steve walked out, taking a phone call.

  "Yeah." Bucky replied.

  "You know I can help if you need me, just call me up there and I'll help her." I told him.

"Okay, thanks." He said giving me a small smile. Haley definitely has changed him, usually he'd never smile at me.

  "Umm. Well I guess I'm gonna go." He said coming over to get Haley. I handed her to him, trying not to wake her.