Chapter 27- He's not a Murderer

Hey, sorry for the long wait. I've been busy and had writers block. Hope you enjoy!!

Bucky pov
Monday 8:50am

"Hey Emma. It's been awhile since I've visited you. I found Haley and I adopted her. She's four now. She goes to school. She asks about you, she made you a drawing." I said pulling the folded piece of paper out of my pocket and placing it on the grave stone. "I miss you. I love you. I wish you were here to help me. I'm sorry I left in the first place. I'll take care of our daughter. Goodbye love." I stood a few tears rolling down my cheeks.

I left the cemetery and headed to the school to pick up Haley.

Time skip- two years**********

I was on my way to pick up Haley from school. She was a first grader. Smartest in her class, she got that from her Mom.

"Hey Princess." I smiled.

"Hi Dad." She replied, hugging me.

"How was your day?"

"I don't know."

"Were the kids bullying you again?"

"Yeah."

"They only bully you because your smarter than them." I said, that made her smile at me.

Once we got to the tower we went to our floor.

"Dad, can I ask you anything?"

"Sure."

"Is my Mama dead." She asked, tears forming in her eyes.

"Come here." I said holding my arms out. She came over and I began to hug her. She rested all her weight on me, hugging back. "Yes Haley, you're Mama died. But I want you to always know she loved you very much." I told her. I felt her tears soaking my shirt.

Time skip- 7 years**********
Haley is thirteen, and going into middle school
Haley pov

"Haley! Are you almost ready?" My dad called.

"Yes Dad." I yelled back.

It was my first day of seventh grade. I was wearing a simple black dress, black converse and my hair was down

 I was wearing a simple black dress, black converse and my hair was down

"Haley!"

"Coming Dad!" I yelled grabbing my backpack.

"You look beautiful Princess." I smiled. It was a childish nickname, but I loved it.

"Thank you."

"Let's get going."

  "Okay."

"Do you want to go say bye to everyone?" He asked.

"Duh."

"Be nice." I just rolled my eyes at him.

We walked into the elevator and pressed the button for the lounge. I gripped the bars of the elevator closing my eyes tightly, when the bell dinged I rushed out of the elevator. I was afraid of elevators, but I didn't know why. Sam always thought it was funny to jump while the elevator was moving. That's why I didn't like him.

Steve, Natasha, Clint,and Peter were in the lounge, Bruce in the kitchen and Tony probably in his lab.

I walked into the lounge. "Bye Uncle Steve, Auntie Nat, Uncle Clint, and Peter." I hugged each of them in turn as I said their names. "Bye." All of them said in unison. We all laughed.

Steve, Nat and Clint weren't my real Aunts and Uncles, I'd lived here forever, or as long as I can remember, so everyone in the tower was family to me. Peter was my cousin. Steve and Tony adopted him when I was three. He was 24 now. Steve was Captain America, Natasha was Black Widow, Clint was Hawkeye and Peter was Spider man. I thought it was cool living with superheroes, but I couldn't tell anyone. No one even knew me by my real last name.

"Hurry up." Dad said, making himself known to the group.

"Coming." I walked behind him all the way to the car.

"Buckle up."

"Dad?" I decided to ask him my question, a question I'd been waiting to ask forever.

"What is it princess?" He asked, starting the car.

"Can I go by Barnes this year? I hate going by Dane, it just reminds me of the mom I never had."

"Haley-"

"Dad I know it's supposed to keep me safe, keep my family a secret, but I can't stand it anymore." I said tears threatening to spill from my eyes.

"Alright, but no talking about everyone else in the tower."

"Deal." I smiled.

I went to Manhattan Middle School. Just eleven minutes from the tower.

"I'll get it settled this morning, and you'll be known as Haley Barnes." He smiled in the rear view mirror. I smiled widely back at him.

  We got to the school and dad told me to go to class. The teacher began to call roll.

  "Haley Dane?" The teacher, Mrs. Richardson, called.

  "Oh, um it's Barnes." I corrected her.

  "Excuse me?"

  "My name...Haley Barnes."

  "Oh. Sorry." She looked surprised.

  I glanced around the room, everyone was staring at me. I felt self-conscious. Maybe I shouldn't have changed my name. Did they realize who I was. My genes didn't help hide much. I was practically a female clone of my father. Though my dad always told me I looked so much like my mother.

  The teacher moved on. It went like that in every class until it was lunchtime. Everyone backed away from me and gave me a clear path to a table in the corner. I sat down and the void of where I had walked was filled instantly.

Did they not like me because of my last name? Why?

"Hey, you're Haley Barnes?" A boy interrupted my thoughts.

"Yes? I am."

"Like Bucky Barnes?" I nodded slightly, "the murdering assassin?"

"He's not a murderer. He would never do that."

"Whatever you say Winter Jr." the boy walked away.

I knew my dad didn't mean to hurt those people. He was under control of the bad men. Is that why everyone avoided me? These questions swarmed my brain for the rest of the day. My dads car pulled into view. I got in quickly.

"How was your first day?" He asked but my mind was still trying to answer the questions from earlier.

"Princess?" He asked worriedly.

"It was good." I lied putting a smile on my face. We quickly arrived at the tower. "I'm going to my room, I'm really tired."

"Okay." My dad said the worry still in his voice and features.

"Love you."

"Love you too Princess."

I took the stairs, the elevator wasn't my favorite. Dad took the elevator probably going to Uncle Steve. I made it to my room and fell asleep on my bed.

Heyyy, that was a lot of time skips, sorry. Have a lovely day!!

Comment, Vote , and Share