Chapter 22- Gone on a Mission

Steve pov

It took a few minutes to get Haley to stop crying. I honestly had no idea what to do, usually Bucky did all the hard stuff like changing diapers and comforting her when she cried. I decided I had to take her mind off the fact that her dad was gone on a mission.

"Do you want to play?" I asked her, in response she nodded her head so we got down on the living room floor. Tony got back to the tower not long after everyone left.

"Steve. We're here." He called coming out of the elevator.

"In the living room." I called. Haley stopped playing and looked at the doorway. Tony came in with a teenage boy. I got up off the floor to go meet him. Haley ran over to the corner and hid behind a plant.

"Hi, I'm Steve, or your other dad, whatever you want to call me is fine." I awkwardly introduced myself.

"I-I'm Peter." He said, "who's that?" He questioned.

"Oh that's Haley. She's Bucky Barnes' kid. But he's busy so we're taking care of her for the week."

"Okay." He said moving towards the couch. I went over to the plant and picked up Haley. She hid her face in my chest, clearly afraid of Peter. I moved and sat next to Peter on the couch. He looked interested in meeting her.

"Haley, why don't you meet Peter?" I asked. She shook her head, trying to hide more in my chest. "He's not scary. He's really nice." I told her. She slowly looked up.

Peter pov

"He's not scary. He's really nice." Steve told the little girl that was trying to hide from me. Trust me I was anything but scary. She slowly looked up and I saw her deep blue eyes, I smiled. She smiled back.

"I'm Peter" I said.

"Hi Pete." She said not pronouncing the "r" in my name. "Do you want to play with me?" She asked.

"Sure." I said and we got down on the floor to play, we spent forever playing.

Steve pov

Haley started to play with Peter and then Tony signaled for me to come sit next to him on the large couch. The two seemed to be in their own world.

"What is she doing?" Tony asked.

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"I thought Barnes refused to go?" He said. He hadn't been here since Bucky had refused so he didn't know we convinced him.

"We convinced him to go because they really needed an extra person." I told him.

"Oh, okay." He said. After that we spent hours talking about Peter, then a bit about Haley.

"Mr. Stark?" Peter said. We both looked over to them.

"You can call me Tony or Dad." Tony told Peter.

"Okay, Tony I think she's hungry." Peter said. As both their stomachs growled at the same time causing Peter to burst out laughing and sending Haley into a fit of giggles.

"I'll go cook something." Tony said getting off the couch. I looked over at the clock, 7:32. I hadn't realized it had been five hours since Bucky left. Peter and Haley went back to playing, as Tony cooked. Tony had finished cooking for Peter and Haley in twenty minutes, he had made them some macaroni and chicken nuggets. He then began to cook spaghetti for me and him.

  Haley ate a few bites of her macaroni and two chicken nuggets before pushing her plate away. Bucky told me when she only ate a little to make her eat more.

  "Haley take a few more bites." I told her, pushing the plate back towards her. She frowned but ate some more chicken nuggets. After everyone was done I picked up the plates and washed them.

  "Haley, time for bed." I said walking into the living room. Surprisingly she agreed.

  "Uncle Steve? Can I sleep with you?" She asked as I picked her up.

  "Tony? Can you sleep on the couch tonight, Haley wants to sleep with me." I asked him, he agreed, even if he didn't want to. I put Haley down in the large bed, and then laid down next to her.

  Haley pov

  I woke up in a big bed with white blankets, there was light shining in my eyes. Then I remembered where I was. I wonder if Daddy's back! I crawled over to the edge of the bed and jumped off. I went through a door and found Uncle Steve's kitchen. I went looking for Uncle Steve, but didn't find him.

  "Whatcha lookin for kid?" Tony asked.

"Where is Uncle Steve?" I asked him.

  "He went out to do something." Tony told me.

  "Do you need something?" He asked.

  "Is my Daddy here yet?"

  "No." Tony said, "not yet."

  Tony pov

  She frowned. 

  "Uh oh." She said.

  "What?" I asked.

  "I have to go potty." She said.

  "Umm go then." I told her. Just then Steve walked in.

  "I can't go alone." She said fear in her eyes.

  "Uhh. Steve!" I called. He ran in. "I think your niece needs help."

  "I have to go potty, Uncle Steve." She told him.

  "Okay." he said, taking her hand.

  Steve pov

  I just got home from my morning run, when Tony called out my name. I got into the living room and Haley told me she had to go potty. Bucky told me he was potty training her before he left and said I'd have to help her. I took her hand and walked her to the bathroom. I helped her onto the toilet and let her go. While I awkwardly stood by the sink. When she was finished I handed her toilet paper, hoping she knew how to wipe. She did, surprisingly. After I helped her wash her hands and we went back into the living room.

  "All done." I said sitting next Tony.

  "I don't think so." Tony said, making me look over at Haley. She was handing me a bag. I took the bag and looked inside, there were a bunch of clothes inside. I still had to get her dressed. I took her into Tony and I's room to get her dressed.

I put her in a pink dress with hearts on it and then brought her back in the living room

I put her in a pink dress with hearts on it and then brought her back in the living room. When we got back Peter was in there.

  "Peter!" Haley yelled. Running over and hugging him. He was surprised as well as everyone else in the room. She wanted him to play with her so they both sat on the ground and began playing.