Chapter 5: Dinner Time

Summary: His roommate eats meat, great. But apparently, humans will take measures to make sure their pack has food, even if it means tossing a child.

At least he got food.

Tubbo gets yeeted. Gently.

-----------------------

"The damn thing really killed him huh? There's nothing left of him. It's spotless!" One of the guards pointed out an obvious flaw in the humans' idea. There's no struggle, no blood, nothing to indicate that Tubbo is gone.

The other looks around the room from the window, out of reach and safe from the human that's glaring at them. "Too spotless" They don't get to elaborate or think more on it when the human snarls and lunges at the window, no crack but it scares the hell out of the guards if their yells were anything to go by.

"Damn freak. Just give it its meat then head out of here" The other guard growls out. "How about you being useful and opening the slot?" They seem to argue and a slot underneath the door opens, the human looks like they are preparing to leap for it before the plate of food gets slid in and the slot shuts again before he could do anything.

"Where do they even plan to send this thing?" One of the guards asked. "Some lab far off in the tundra planets, don't care. Maybe they can find some use to it" The conversation gets quieter and quieter until they are fully gone.

Tubbo waits a couple extra mites more before taking off the cover. He looks at the food that they slid in and flinches back a bit. It's blue cooked meat from an aquatic species. He can't really tell what species cause y'know... he doesn't eat meat. But the blue color gives away to an aquatic planet.

The human doesn't seem to care and brings the plate closer to his nest. He sets the plate down but doesn't make a move to eat, looking at Tubbo instead. They stare at each other for a couple of Sects (Seconds). Is he waiting for something?

The human mimes eating the meat.

Oh.

How does he tell him that Tubbo doesn't eat meat?

Humans shake their heads to mean things right?

Tubbo shakes his head and points at the meat, then shakes his head again, hoping it means no. "I don't eat meat big guy"

The human tilts his head slightly, looking adorably illegal. Then he looks down at the meat, up at Tubbo again, meat, Tubbo, meat, Tubbo. For a split second Tubbo thinks the human wants to eat him but he sees the realization that Tubbo doesn't eat meat. (It's also cause Tubbo has like, 2 animal species that eat plants and the ⅓ of a bee)

The human rummages through his nest and brings out a half packet of water. Tubbo perks up, It's been awhile since he's had water, his body doesn't rely on it much but still needs it. He tentatively gets closer to the human and grabs the packet.

He's rewarded with a mouth full of teeth flashing at him. He startles and nearly drops the packet. The teeth are gone and replaced with a saddened look from the human. Is... is showing his teeth a sign of encouragement?

Experimentally, he flashes his teeth back at the human, hoping he didn't do something to offend them. The human flings their head back with a loud bark sound that sounds like he's very sick in the throat. Before he gets too concerned, his hair gets ruffled gently and he sees a softer look on the human, who flashes his teeth again, but smaller.

His wings buzz happily. Before he scowls, his hair being ruffled like if he was back as a larva. He fixes his hair and glares at the human. Said human doesn't pay him any mind and instead eats.

Tubbo takes a small sip from the water, he is feeling a little hungry, but the only edible thing he can eat within the cell are the spore flowers but his wings are too cold that he wouldn't get very high off the ground.