Chapter 17: Meet the slightly overprotective, but very friendly human!

Summary: Tension grows, Philza is trying to understand the situation. He starts to get it, but Wilbur and Techno reach them and do not have a calm reaction.

Tommy gets a rude wake up call.

Notes: Editing credit to CyberGeist. The chapter will look much different compared to the previous chapters.

----------------------------

"Beforeyousayanything Please listen for just a minute or two! I swear we have an explanation! We're all good, this is the best scenario trust me, ignore the sleeping human"

Saying to ignore the sleeping human was easier said than done, as that's all his eyes and instincts could focus on.

His instincts were screaming for him to get the two away from the human, to get them behind him, before it could wake up. But he's also trying to think rationally, Ranboo would not by ANY MEANS have a sleeping human on his damn lap, if he didn't feel okay with it, or safe. Tubbo doesn't seem bothered by it as well, going as far as to get in front of them both in a protective manner.

Clearly more went on in that ship than any of them could could have anticipated or imagined.

Sure Philza speculated that the human could have been in play for their escape, the human could have helped them, he 85% believes they are sentient, but with all documented information they were always shown as rogue and beast-like, destruction following their paths and painting ships with the blood of species.

He tried his best not to rely on what others say, to see with his own eyes what humanity was like, but you can only avoid rumors and horrifying tales for so long before it's said so many times that it begins to stick to your mind like sap.

He can maybe see the human helping the two escape and in return maybe not murdering them as they escaped together. But he's surprised that the human stayed with them.

Unfortunately for Philza the only way to get answers to his questions was to ask the two themselves.

He slowly walks into the cave, but not too close, hesitating when the two tense up., He stops getting closer when he hears a low protective growl, begin rumbling from deep in Ranboo's chest. Ranboo jerks his head, startled by his own reaction to Phil's advance.

Looks like they have gotten attached to the human. Curious.

He slowly sits down, perched on a nearby small rock.

"Now"

He claps his taloned hands together, being careful to not be too loud. "Do you boys want to explain to me how you escaped the ship and obtained a human, then answer WHY you didn't go to the designated cords?

Both Ranboo and Tubbo looked at each other, Tubbo relaxed slightly from standing in front of his captain and sat next to the human. Philza represses the urge to trill angrily, his instincts frantically telling him to stop Tubbo from sitting right next to the sleeping human.

"Well you see, it literally all started with me being chucked into Mommy's cell"

"Who- Is that his name?"

"I can't pronounce it fuck off!"

"You'll wake him, keep your voice down!"

---------

"Mommy's been taking care of me since the moment I got chucked into his cell, He managed to get the spore flowers for me to eat by tossing me and having me grab them-"

"He tossed you!?"

"Stop fucking interrupting me! Yes, he tossed me and before you say anything it was literally the only way I could eat and not starve"