Chapter 4: Why the fuck is he so warm?

Summary: Well, Tubbo didn't get torn to shreds, so that's a plus. But now he's stuck inside a cell with a human. A human who is very gentle with him. And very warm too.

He thinks the human is confusing him for a child.

And he's fucking offended.

Also Tommy gets the cuddle he's been craving

-------------------

Trying to tighten the small, ragged blanket around him to preserve any heat is proving to be difficult. At least there's an upside to being small, compared to the human, these rags fit perfectly around him.

Doesn't mean they store much warmth though.

His species don't really have much to make or preserve heat, his home planet is near completely vegetation, Warm thanks to lack of clouds and hundreds of flowers and fruits everywhere. His species thrived on that planet and never needed a reason to try finding things to preserve or heat themselves up.

Unfortunately that means he can't produce enough heat to keep his body in check, especially if he falls asleep like this. He might hibernate, and stars know if he'll die in his sleep.

He looks over and finds that the human had turned on its side away from him. Sleeping away in its nest.

Briefly he wonders if the human is warm. He did notice when being thrown in this cell that it's slightly warmer than it is outside the cell. Is the human the source of that small percentage of heat?

He tilts his head thoughtfully, his ears flicking once.

Actually, now that he thinks about it, when the human touched his side to untie him, he felt how warm its hand was. Soft, warm and gentle. Maybe if he gets close enough he could leech some warmth from the human to keep himself stable.

Before he can convince himself that this is a terrible idea and it will lead to his untimely death, he's already gotten up and is slowly and quietly making his way to the sleeping human. Going painstakingly slow but he knows better than to rush this. His hooves make any quick stealth near impossible.

He also doesn't know if the human is a light sleeper but better to assume and not die than not assume and die.

After a couple of slow minutes he finally made it towards the human without waking them up.

....fuck, now what does he do? He honestly didn't think he'd make it this far.

He won't join the human in its nest, he's not got that much of a death wish. But even from this distance he can feel the warmth the human is emitting. Maybe if he just sits next to the nest and leans on it.

And that's what he does. He sits on the cold ground, puts the blanket around his front, and gingerly leans against the nest. His back and wings feel the heat radiating from the human and he nearly melts. He leans a bit further back to feel more of the heat.

He's read about humans. About their biology (As illegal as they were discovered through cruel methods that he's never and will never agree to) and how they are one of the strongest pack-bonders known. Course it's also been recorded how some humans will betray their own kind for survival. And when that happens well... he's seen the recordings. Humans don't take well to betrayals.

But what's also discovered was that humans, while lacking furr or anything to preserve heat besides what they create, emit mass amounts of heat that not a lot of aliens produce. The only other aliens that are known to produce more heat than the humans are creatures from colder planets and evolved to survive the frigid temperatures.

As well as the hotter species from hot core planets that are filled with blistering suns and lava. Those species have tough scales and rough skin. Some emit lots of heat but less to preserve and more cause they were just literally born in fire.