Chapter 168

"Harry?" I peer through the door Harry had walked through a few seconds earlier. I see a figure standing at the pensieve in what used to be Dumbledore's office but is now cold,lifeless and dark without anyone using it. Doesn't look like Snape was really doing any headmastering...

I watch as Harry lightly throws in Snape's memories captured and it overflows in the pensieve. He dunks his head and now that I know he won't hear me...I emerge my whole body into the room.

My hand moves to his back and without my permission it moves up and down,trying to comfort him about the things he's seeing...even though he wouldn't be able to know I'm here until he lifts his head. I realise his breathing is increasing and he doesn't like what he's seeing.

I look around the room and the painting of Dumbledore catches my eye,I wonder what he would tell me right now. How I can let Harry survive just one more day. How I can protect him and even if he might die...is Val ready to let me go with him or exchange his death for mine.

I didn't think the skills Snape forced me to learn will come in handy but I've used them a few times...I wish I told him how grateful I am now. Even though he wasn't very nice,he protected us and he lost his life because of Harry's existence. Not that it's Harry's fault.

When Harry lifts his head and notices me, he jumps a little bit. He looks shocked and...scared?

"Harry?" I try to smile at him in a way to make him calm down. He doesn't say anything but I know that he just learned something he didn't want to know. He backs up against the pillar and then turns to sit down at the steps infront of the desks.

I try to grab his hand but he doesn't hold to mine and it falls to my side. I walk to him when he sits down and he looks up at me after the silence grows.

"I have to die..." He says as I place my hand to his shoulder and sit down next to him.

"No" I try to hold back the anger and pain that he had to find out like this,"there are other ways..." I take his hand in mine.

He looks ahead of him. Numb and cold. Like he's already dead. He stands up with a rush but silence. I quickly stand up and walk after him. I kept trying to convince him as he led the way down flights of stairs but he never said anything back to me. Acting as though I wasn't there.

I decide to stay quiet as I see Ron and Hermione sitting at the foot of the stairs. Harry's walks straight to them,still ignoring me,"Where have you been?" Hermione questions, but instead of talking to her,he walks past.

"We thought you went to the forest" Ron looks up at him.

"I'm going there now" Harry answer back.

"Are you mad? No" Ron looks at me as though I can do something about it but he quickly notices the silent tears streaming from my bloodshot eyes,"you can't give yourself up to him"

"What is it, Harry?" Hermione asks as it grows more silent. I stand between Ron and Hermione,but it feels like I'm all alone,"Tell them what you know" my voice breaks. I notice the two on my sides looking at me and then Harry.

Harry turns and looks both of them in the eyes but skips mine,"there's a reason I can hear them...the Horcruxes. I think I've known for a while. And I think you have too" He looks me in the eyes for the first time since he saw the memories.

"I-" I start but no more words escape my mouth.