Chapter 31

We all run up to Gryffindor tower,through the common room and up into Harry and Ron's room. It was a mess. Books were ripped and the pages were thrown across the room. His bedding layed across the floor and...

"It must've been a Gryffindor,no one else knows our password,except if it wasn't a student." Hermione clarifies

We soon found out Tom Riddle's diary is gone. I bend down and look between wat looked like feathers,but none of Harry's pillows are torn...these were chicken feathers.

Ginny...

°°°°°°°°
I run down to the quidditch pitch where everyone was supposed to be. I was going to confront Ginny, I knew it's her. I don't know how she's the heir of Slytherin but she definitely has something to do with everyone being petrified.

I run to where the Slytherin's sat until I see Val run up to me.

"Ella...listen to me,take this. Go to the library. Now! Read it. You have to do something. Tell Harry!", She spewed out of breath...what was this? She slipped me a crumpled up piece of paper,I follow her eyes to Ginny standing a feet away from us,staring at us until she ran towards the castle.

I don't say anything as I start running up to the library. What's in the library? "Oh no, Hermione!" I run until my lungs hurt. I stood in front of the library doors. I open them up slowly ,just to find my best friend. Hermione was frozen,ice cold, slowed breathing and a look of terror in her eyes as she looked into a mirror in her hand.

I run towards the grand staircase collapsing on the first step my foot takes. I sit there for a whole minute until I reach for the paper my sister gave in my pocket.

'Of the many fearsome beasts and monsters that roam our land, there is none more curious or more deadly than the Basilisk, known also as the King of Serpents. This snake, which may reach gigantic size, and live many hundreds of years, is born from a chicken's egg, hatched beneath a toad. Its methods of killing are most wondrous, for aside from its deadly and venomous fangs, the Basilisk has a murderous stare, and all who are fixed with the beam of its eye shall suffer instant death. Spiders flee before the Basilisk, for it is their mortal enemy, and the Basilisk flees only from the crowing of the rooster, which is fatal to it.'

"But how did it get around?" I ask as I walk up to the common room.

' pipes ' was written on the bottom of the page but it wasn't in Valerie's hand writing.

I find my way up into Harry and Ron's room,it feels like I've been in here more than my actual room.

I pull out his invisibility cloak and push the piece of paper between the material and walk towards the door. I go down to the quidditch pitch to find Ginny.

I don't know what I'm going to say to her but she has to be stopped. I stop at moaning myrtles bathroom,where I've just seen a flaming red head bolt inside.

"I know it's you," I start as she turns around to face me. She has the book in her hand. I'm guessing it's Tom Riddle's diary.

"You know to much,", she says. It doesn't sound like the Ginny I had met on the train. I walked closer to her. Suddenly,the circle of sinks starts lowering into the ground.

I stood in disbelief. I back up against the wall and shut my eyes immediately. My breathing got heavier and I could feel my pulse rising. I feel the hot breath of something monstrous infront of me.

"You know to much," Ginny repeats.

°°°°°°°°°°

I wake up. Everything is blurry and my head is killing me and I feel nauseas and ice cold. I lay on ice cold concrete with my arms stretched to my sides. I sway my head to my side to see red hair sprawled on the floor next to me. Ginny.

"You're awake" I hear a chilling voice. I push myself up of the floor only to look into a boy's eyes. He could have been a few years older then me.

"Who are you?", I squeaked. My body hurts and I feel all the energy being sucked out of me.

"You're... you're..." I quivered.

"Yes,"

"What do you want?" My voice has turned into a whisper.

"When you finally lose consciousness,you won't wake.
You won't be dead, but only just an inch of it."

"Are you real?" He didn't seem real.

" A memory, preserved in that book for fifty years." He points to the book in Ginny's hand,where she layed on the floor.

Riddle bends down and picks up my wand where I left it beside me.

", You're going to kill me ,aren't you?"

"You see, as poor Ginny and yourself grow weaker, I grow stronger."

"So it was her?It was Ginny who opened the Chamber of Secrets."
Ginny set the Basilisk on the Hermione, Ginny who wrote the threatening messages on the wall. But why would she do that?"

" I told her to.I can be very persuasive. Still, the power of the diary began to scare her."

"Why would she have the diary?" I was struggling to sit upright now.

"Funny... the damage a silly little book can do... especially in the hands of a girl with a silly little crush and jealousy boiling inside her."

As he finished, everything went black and I barely felt any pain as my head hit the floor.

I don't know how many hours or even days past as I wake and them fall back into unconsciousness.

"I get feelings,when the basilisk moved and when Harry spoke parseltongue," I asked Riddle.

Gaunt was all I heard as I passed out for the last time.

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°
Harry's POV

I run down the corridor after I left Ron with a memory-wiped Lockhart. I see Ginny lying motionless at the end of the Chamber and ....Ella

"Ella" I run to her, dropping on my knees. " Ella. No, Ella. Please don't be dead. Wake up. Wake up! Please wake up."
Suddenly,somebody walks out of a nearby doorway catching my eye.

"They won't wake."

I recognize his voice and I turn toward him.

"Tom? Tom Riddle? What do you mean she won't wake? She's not...?"

"She's still alive, but only just."

"Are you a ghost?" I questioned.

" A memory, preserved in a diary for fifty years."

I reach out and touch Ella's hand She's as cold as ice. " Ella, please don't be dead. Wake up. You've got to help me, Tom. There's a Basilisk"

"I'm afraid I can't do that, Harry.
You see, as poor Ella and Ginny grows weaker, I grow stronger."

I look up at him confused.

" Yes, Harry. It was Ginny Weasley who opened the Chamber of Secrets. "

"No. She couldn't. She wouldn't."

"It was Ginny who set the Basilisk on the Mudbloods and Filch's cat, Ginny who wrote the threatening messages on the walls."

" But why?" Ginny didn't have a reason, that I know of.

" Because I told her to. You'll find I can be very persuasive. Not that she knew what she was doing. She was, shall we say, in a kind of trance. Still, the power of the diary began to scare her. And she tried to dispose of it in the girls' bathroom. And then, who should find it but you? The very person I was most anxious to meet."

"And why did you want to meet me?" I stand up.

"I knew I had to talk to you, meet you if I could. So I decided to show you my capture of that brainless oaf Hagrid to gain your trust."

" Hagrid's my friend!" I say angrily but I calm down," And you framed him, didn't you?"

"It was my word against Hagrid's. Only Dumbledore seemed to think he was innocent"

I smirk at him,"I'll bet Dumbledore saw right through you."