Chapter 29

Harry and I walked into professor Dumbledore's office,it was huge and hundreds of paintings were hanging against the wall,each one turning to look at us as we walked in.

"Professor Dumbledore?" Harry called as I followed him to the centre of the room. I walked towards the bookshelves where hundreds of books were stacked neatly. On top of the shelf lay the sorting hat. "Well,well. Isn't it Mis Velonté." The sorting hat said, gaining Harry's attention. "Why didn't you put me in Slytherin?" I asked. "Yes,you would've done well in Slytherin but with time you would've came too that Slytherin would never be your home. You craved courage and friendship,you wouldn't have found that in slytherin." "Thank you" I am happy that I was placed in Gryffindor, because if it wasn't for this old hat,I wouldn't have met Harry and Ron and Hermione.

I slowly walked back towards the bird sitting on a perch near Dumbledore's table, when Harry starting nearing the hat,"bee in your bonnet, Potter?" The hat started. "I was just wondering if you put me in the right house." What? The sorting hat wanted to place Harry in Slytherin,Why?

Harry was now standing next to me in front of a Phoenix. The bird suddenly exploded into flames and crumbled into ashes on a tray below it. Dumbledore appeared above us,about to be descending the stares. "Harry?" Dumbledore gained Harry's attention.

"Professor! Your bird...there was nothing I could do,he just caught fire!" Harry's reaction was kind of funny,the fact that he knew nothing about creatures or even the wizarding world,yet everyone knew him. "The bird is a phoenix Harry. They burst into flame when it's time for them to die and then they are reborn from the ashes." I put my hand on his shoulder so he would calm down. As I did that,a birds head peaked out of the ashes. "Fawkes can carry heavy load and his tears has healing powers," Dumbledore was now beside Harry.

Just then Hagrid ran into the room with a chicken in his hands. "Dumbledore sir,please,it wasn't them!" He yelled,he was even prepared to swear in front of the ministry. Dumbledore quickly hushed him. "I do not believe it was them!" Thank Merlin! "You don't believe it was us sir?" Harry questioned after Hagrid left the room. "No Harry, I do not believe it was you. But I must ask...is there something you wish to tell me?" "No sir," Harry immediately answered.

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

'Dad, It's beem snowing for days now. I can't believe Christmas is tomorrow. I miss you. I wish I could've spent Christmas with you this year since I couldn't last year. I wanted to ask dad a favour,could dad please tell me more about our family history. I feel it could be important later and things have been happening to me. I think our family history could have something to do with it. I love and miss you dad,Ella'

" What are you writing?" Harry peaked over my shoulder,I was sitting next to him and Ron was sitting across from me at the Gryffindor table in the great hall. "A letter to my father for Christmas,you know?" "Oh,I have to ask you something" "yeah, Harry?" My heart stopped. What if he figured out I took his cloak without permission. " Later," he smiled at me. At least I had more time to come up with an excuse.

"It's all set," Hermione sat down across from me next to Ron. "We just need a piece of whoever we're turning into."Crabbe and Goyle.", Harry comments. "We also need to make sure that the real Crabbe and Goyle can't burst in on us while we're interrogating Malfoy." Hermione tells them.

" How?" " I've got it all worked out. I filled these with a simple Sleeping Draught." She puts 2 cupcakes on the table infront of us. "Simple, but powerful. Now, once they're asleep hide them in the broomstick cupboard and pull out a few of their hairs and put on their uniforms." She advises.

" Whose hair are you ripping out, then?" Ron asked.

" I've already got mine. Millicent Bulstrode. Slytherin. I got this off her robes."

"And you?" Ron turned to me. "My sister Valerie, she's been close with Malfoy ever since she was sorted."

" I'm going to go check on the Polyjuice Potion. Make sure that Crabbe and Goyle find these." She says as she lifts the cupcakes in her hand again.

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

Hermione and I were waiting in the bathroom. Valerie had gone home this morning for Christmas ,so I could pass as her for a while.

"You and Harry?"

"What?" I was zoned out and had now idea what she asked.

"Do you have a crush on Harry,Ella?" I could see she was trying to hide her smile.

"No, he's one of my best friends. That would ruin things."

Harry and Ron ran into the bathroom,with Crabbe and Goyle's robes on. They were very big on their tiny bodies and made Harry and Ron look weird. I had used the multicorfors spell to change the colour of my usual robes.

Hermione filled each of our glasses with the potion. It smelled horrible and looked even more disgusting.

"Add the hairs", she specified. I added Val's hair as the rest added theirs. Each of us took a sip. It was the grossest thing I had ever tasted.

Ron dropped his glass,"I think I'm gonna be sick" he said as he bolted for a toilet. "Me too" Hermione dropped hers and followed. "Me three,"I dropped mine into the sink and looked into the mirror. Harry dropped his a few seconds later leaning over the sink.

Suddenly,it looked like bubbles had formed under my skin and they were moving,my hair shortened and curled. I looked into the mirror,my eyes were now a very dark blue and I was a little shorter. I looked exactly like Valerie.

 I looked exactly like Valerie