Slug Club

I sit around the table as Slughorn asks Cormac about his uncle and he boast about hunting with the minister.

"What about your uncle Belby? For those of you who don't know, Marcus's uncle invented the Wolfsbane Potion. Is he working on anything new ?", Slughorn ask the boy who's shoving his face full of ice-cream,"Don't know. Him and Dad don't get on. Probably 'cause me dad says his potions are rubbish. Says,'the only potion worth having is a stiff one at the end of the day'" Slughorn doesn't seem impressed with the pig boys answer.

"What about you Ms Granger? What exactly does your family do in the Muggle world?"

"My parents are dentists. They tend to people's teeth" she explains. "Ah, facinating. And is that considered a dangerous profession?"

"No" Hermione swiftly answers,"Although,one boy ,Robbie Fenwick,did bite my father once. He needed ten stitches" She chuckles. Everybody looks strangely at her but all the attention is taken off of her when Ginny enters the room. Her eyes are blood shot. Slughorn greets her as she nears the table. Before she sits down Harry stands up.

Ginny seems taken aback just as much as I am. Harry sits back down as he looks at the all the stares he's receiving. Hermione smiles at Harry's reaction and I feel the jealousy grow inside me.

I look across the table. I make eye contact with Cormack and I notice him shift his gaze from Hermione to me. He sucks on his finger,making me very uncomfortable.

Slughorn says goodbye but there's no Harry. Harry is probably staying behind to question him. I walk with the other Gryffindors to the common room. Cormac wiggles himself between Hermione and I and takes both of our waist. I shove him away and grab Hermione's wrist as I jog a little to catch up with Neville.

I plop down on the couch. My head hurts and I'm very tired. Hermione tells me that she'll be going to bed and I close my eyes to hope my headache subside.

I don't know how long I was asleep till Harry was down on the floor beside me,waking me up. I thank him and walk towards my room.

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

We are all dressed in our Quidditch clothing as everyone walks by wishing us luck. Ron haven't arrived yet and I hope he doesn't chicken out. Ron walks to us and I could heat people making fun of him.

He sits down and looks at his breakfast,he seems just a little nervous. "So,how was it then ?"

"How was what?" Hermione puts the paper down.

"Your dinner party?" He says.

"Pretty boring actually,but I think Harry enjoyed dessert" she smiles. I choke on my juice I was drinking. Ron looks at me and I think he has the opposite idea of what actually happened.

"Slughorn is having Christmas do,you know?" I say to fill the silence.

"And we're meant to bring someone" Hermione gives out more information.

"I suspect you'll be bringing McLaggen? He's in the Slug Club, isn't he?" Ron becomes petty but Hermione doesn't seem to take offence,"Actually,I was going to ask you" she looks back to her paper.