Hogwarts has changed

"That's your sister, Ariana. Isn't it?" I look at the dark brown staring at me as if I took his food out od his hand," She died very young, didn't she?" I distinctly start to remember the passage I had read abou the Dumbledore family.

" My brother sacrificed many things, Ms. Velonté. On his journey to find power. Including Ariana. And she was devoted to him. He gave her everything. But time." He looks at the empty painting a girl had just disappeared from.  I look at Harry and he looks back at me. His frown is clear on his face and I wonder why those wheels are turning and what ideas their producing.

"Thank you, Mr. Dumbledore." Hermione reads the room and immediately sets down her handful of food.

" He did save our lives twice! Kept an eye on us on that mirror" Hermione looks at Harry and then me the moment Aberforth leaves through a door, "That doesn't seem like someone who's given up!" She whispers,it feels like I'm being scolded for being rude.

"She's coming back" I point to the painting,which had a small figure coming up from the tiny path.

"What's that with her?" Ron stands next to me, squinting his eyes to see that there is not only one figure but two.

The painting swings open to reveal--," Neville!"

His eyes are bloodshot and his cheeks give of a purple glow,showing he had been beaten over and over again.

"How you look..." I start to search for the right words as the once boy,now man, climbs out of the passage that led him to us.

"Like hell, I reckon. But this is nothing. Seamus is worse." Neville smiles and I smile back. His positive energy,even as the world seems to be ending,radiates out him and I can't help but be influenced by it.

" Hey, Ab!" He squats in the frame,holding his wand," We've got a couple more coming through" He looks at Aberforth who seems to have appeared behind us.

Neville leads us through the passage, it's dark and cold en wet. All the things I usually love but since he's leading us straight into hogwarts,the place we'll either save the world or die,this worsens my anxiety.

" Don't remember this on the Marauder's Map" Harry comments.

"That's because it never existed till now. The seven secret passages were sealed off, before the start of the year. This is the only way in or out, now. The grounds are crawled with Death Eaters and Dementors." Neville fills us in.

" How about Mr.Snape as Headmaster?" Hermione's high voice asks behind me.

"Hardly ever seen. It's the Carrows who's watching out for" Neville's voice sounds as if there is a story with them.

"Carrows?" I push.

"Yeah. Brother and sister. Incharge of discipline. They like punishment, the Carrows" Neville points to his beaten face.

" They did that to you?" Hermione asks and I add to her question, "Why?"

" Today's Dark Arts lesson was practicing the Cruciatus curse. On first years. I refused" I feel Haary hand take mine. He doesn't seem to be asking permission,more like commanding. I know he's afraid and he just won't admit it.

" Hogwarts has changed. Let's have a bit of fun, shall we?" Neville push open a door leading to a crowded room.