Chapter 20

Almost nobody applauds, " In third place: Hufflepuff, with 352 points!" The applause for Hufflepuff is slightly louder than the clapping for Gryffindor. "Second: Ravenclaw, with 426 points!" Applause again, this time with a slight cheer from some students.
" And in first place, with 472 points: Slytherin house!"

A loud roar rises from the Slytherin table, as students stand up and clap for themselves. Hermione scowls with her hand to her cheek,Snape applauds the students of his house. I'm happy I wasn't place in Slytherin. Gryffindor has become my family and I wouldn't prefer it any other way.

"Nice one, mate." Draco sneers at Ron,I scowl at him making him fall silent.

"Yes, well done Slytherin, well done Slytherin. However, recent events must be taken into account and I have a few last minute points to award." Some faces at the Gryffindor table rise hopefully and I look over at Hermione.

"To Miss Hermione Granger, for the cool use of intellect while others were in grave peril: 40 points! "

Hermione looks surprised, while the other Gryffindor students applaud her.

Harry gives Hermione a pat on the back," Good job." Malfoy looks concerned and Hermione looks up at Hagrid,who beams at her.

" Second, to Mr. Ronald Weasley, for the best played game of chess that Hogwarts has seen these many years: 40 points! "

Ron looks even more surprised than Hermione did and the Gryffindor table is applauding even louder. I raise my hand to give him a high five,which he does.

"And third,to Miss Ella Velonté, for friendship and immeasurable care for the people she loves,40 points!" The table cheered and Ron gives me another high five ,Harry smile widely at me. Hermione looks behind me making me turn around. Draco was smiling at me too. "Nice" He mouthed.

"And Mr. Harry Potter for pure love and outstanding courage, I award Gryffindor house: 40 points!"

The Gryffindors cheer again, this time even louder than before. Malfoy has a cringing look on his face looking at Harry, I see a proud, smiling professor McGonagall at the teacher's table looking at Harry. Hermione, who has done some quick math, whispers to her fellow students.
"We're tied with Slytherin!"

Now, the Gryffindors look really hopeful, as Dumbledore hasn't finished talking yet.

"And finally: it takes a great deal of bravery to stand up to your enemies, but a great deal more to stand up to your friends. I award ten points to Neville Longbottom!"

Neville can't believe what he just heard and the Gryffindors that heard Hermione's whisper are cheering the loudest. Malfoy looks quite uncertain now.

" Assuming that my calculations are correct, I believe that a change of decoration is in order!"

He claps and motions his hands towards the Slytherin banners, where they flap heavily, until the banners have changed completely to red and gold with the Gryffindor symbol.
" Gryffindor wins the House Cup!"

The Great Hall explodes with applause, not only from the Gryffindors, but also from the Ravenclaws and the Hufflepuffs, because they are glad that, for the first time in seven years, someone other than Slytherin has won the House Cup. Hagrid can't help himself to also cheer, and all students except the Slytherins throw their hats in the air, while Malfoy angrily throws his on the table in defeat. The Gryffindors around us are all congratulating Harry but he smiles at Hagrid, who smiles back.

°°°°°°°

We all gathered at the outdoor train station. Students are walking around, getting in the train.

Hagrid is rushing all of us into the train,"Come on now, hurry up. You'll be late. Train's leaving. Go on. Go on. Come on. Hurry up"

Harry hands Hedwig to a train man, and walks to an open door of the train with me and Hermione. I wave to Hagrid, who waves back at me. Hermione gets in the train pulling me by my sleeve.

" Come on, Harry."

Harry looks at Hagrid,"One minute" He walks over to Hagrid

Hagrid talks to Harry but I don't know what He says. I see Hagrid take a red album out of his coat pocket and hands it to Harry.

Harry opens the album and stares into it for a few seconds.

"Do you have a little crush?" Hermione whispers in my ear. "What!? No!" I feel my face turn red.

Harry Shakes Hagrid's hand, then hugs him tightly.

Harry lets go of Hagrid and Hagrid leans down and tells him something about a kid named dudley and a pigs tail.

Harry walks towards us, back to the train door where Hermione and I are waiting.

"Feels strange to be going home, doesn't it?" Hermione says to Harry when he reaches us.

"I'm not going home. Not really." He replies.

"It feels like I'm going away from home,really." I say as we all rush inside and closing the door.

The train whistles and I cover my ears to the ugly noise. As the train starts to leave and Harry waves out the window to Hagrid, who waves back and then waves at me,smiling.