Chapter Fifty-Three: Where all roads lead to

06-03-2022

I love you all so much, your comments are genuinely the best things ever!

I hope you enjoy,

~Aphrodite

-------------------------------------

(Embry's POV)

It felt like an outer body experience. The adrenaline was pumping at a rapid speed around my body as I remained motionless on the couch. I couldn't find it in me to say anything, the only thing ringing in my mind was a blaring emergency alarm telling me this was going to be bad, really really bad. Noah's heavy glare travelled from me to his brother, and he knew, I knew he knew.

Our faces diminishing any suspicion he may have had about his father being wrong, "Evelyn darling, you should probably leave" James smugly commented, his eyes glinting with excitement as he observed the scene around him. Slowly rising to my feet as Evelyn threw a worried glance my way before leaving, I knew I needed to do something, to do anything. Noah's silence was worse than his shouts of anger, they promised pain and suffering.

I shot a pleading look at Sebastian, he was the only one that could save me right now. My breathing becoming quicker at the panic rising within me, "Noah, don't do anything stupid" Sebastian spit, slowly stepping in my direction. Noah's eyes were a dark and terrifying colour, my heart stilling in my chest as his face wiped of it's fury and a psychotic grin took its place.

I was so fucked. "I don't do stupid things Sebastian, no that's you, did you think it was smart to fuck my wife, huh?" I was too consumed by terror to be mad as James threw himself onto the couch with a satisfied sigh, picking his drink up from beside him and acting as if he was in the cinema right now.

"If you hurt her, you're just sending her my way Noah, you know this" I inhaled a shaky breath as Sebastian finally made his way towards me, shielding me with his body. My trembling hands clutching onto the back of his shirt and just like that we had come full circle. It was just like that night in the tattoo parlour. "No Sebastian, I teach her a lesson, Embry baby, I'm going to fuck you up so bad" he manically laughed, my legs unsteady beneath me.

"Come here little bug, come here right now" he gritted as I dug my head into Sebastian's back. Please Lord, please save me. "Sebastian" I whimpered, unable to hear much over the erratic thumping of my heart. "You're a lying little slut Embry, you need to learn, I need to teach you, my Embry would have never betrayed me like this," peaking my head out behind Sebastian I mirrored Noah's scowl.

"My Noah, would never have put me in a position where I would be seeking comfort from another man, MY NOAH would never have repelled me from him as much as you did" I cried out, the anger and terror within my body not mixing well. "Get out of my way Sebastian, or I'll no longer be keeping my promise to father about not harming you" Noah's hands were balled into fists, his breathing heavy as he shot daggers my way.

"How about a little deal" James sickening voice called out, "Sebastian you come sit here with me, as Embry's husband, it is Noah's duty to keep her in line but how about this, if Embry can hold her own against Noah, then I will forbid him from hurting her but if you even think of getting up to help her, she dies" his drink swirling in his glass.

Fuck you. The words wanted to pass my lips so bad but I also knew I stood absolutely no chance if they did. There was no chance of me even competing against Noah, he was going to crush me. "Over to daddy dearest now brother" the crazy glint in Noah's eyes making him unrecognisable. "Please don't" I beg, grabbing his shirt tighter, "it's either this Embry, or I'll drag you down to the basement myself so Noah can have some playtime" James' smile was daunting. "Fuck" Sebastian's frustratedly turned to me, "you can take him princess, he's just a scared little boy." My wobbly form was left unprotected as Noah smirked down at me.

"I knew you were a brat Embry, I just never pegged you as a whore" he mockingly frowned, as I waited for him to make a move. How the frickidyfrickingfrack was I meant to fight this guy. I had a very minimal amount of muscles and fighting skill, the only thing fueling me being my anger and adrenaline. "I never pegged you as a wife-beater" I spit, his composure faltering as he stepped towards me. Scurrying to the other side of the room, I made it clear of him, his eyes narrowing in on me.

"You don't have to do this Noah, you're not your dad" I held my hands in front of me as a weak form of defence. "God, I can be so much worse than him baby" my breathing caught in my throat as he lunged at me. My back crashed against the floor as my head smacked against the tiles. His body straddled mine as I fought to catch my breath. That hurt like a bitch. "If you want to be a slut then I'll treat you as one Embry," repeatedly hitting my arm against him as he grabbed my shoulder to haul me up.

My troubled gaze called out for Sebastian's help as I watched James keep a hand held infront of him in threat. Dropping me onto my feet, I winced at the throbbing of my head as I worked to focus my vision. "How about I stick you down in the basement with some of my men so they can have their way with you, I bet you would enjoy that." A groan left me as the back of his hand hit my cheek, the force sending me to the floor again, the pain radiating all throughout my body, making it so tempting to just lay here.

The fireplace poker caught my eye as I crawled away from Noah, his amused glare burning me. "You know-" I heaved, figuring out my next move, "you shouldn't be so sour just because Sebastian's better in bed" as he lunged once again for me, I picked up the fireplace poker and struck him with it.

A giddy cheer leaving James as I climbed to my feet again, Noah's seething body hunched over as he held his side, where I had hit him. Tightening my grip around the metal, I wiped the tears obscuring my vision, my energy levels rapidly depleting. "You're a little bitch baby girl, you do know that right" his posture straightened, his threatening steps approaching me.

Holding the weapon in front of me, I knew I couldn't step back unless I wanted to end up in the fireplace. "But you're my little bitch, and you're confused Embry, you won't admit it but you love this, you love me being fucking crazy and wanting to better you, that's why you do stupid crap, so stop fighting it," he grinned. My hands were shaky as I fought to keep my stance, I couldn't falter, one wrong move and I was a goner.

"Give me it Embry, I'll stop being mad at you I promise" he gleamed, sweat building up on his forehead. Shaking my head of any thoughts of forfeit, I wasn't giving this one up. "You're- you're wrong, I don't like it when you hurt me Noah, you said you wished I was with somebody who didn't have to hurt me to love me, so then don't" I sniffled, wiping my face of it's teary residue.

"You need to learn Embry, if you just give in to me you would be so much happier here" he clenched his teeth, taking another miniscule step towards me. "Think about it baby, think about every time you've been happy here, it's when you let yourself go" my contorted face looked to Sebastian for comfort. He was right, but, I look at Sebastian, and I think of a time where I was happy and felt safe, a time where I could fully be me.

"You think if your parents were still alive they would-" my head shot up to his, "Noah don't-" Sebastian warned, my gaze returning to him as an excruciating pain built up in my chest. "W-what" I whispered, my body seeming to cave in on itself, and there it was, I faltered. He had pulled the fireplace poker from my hand, tossing it away from both of us as he grabbed me by the hair. "He's lying Embry, they are still alive" Sebastian growled, as my hand shot up to push his away.

"Whoops" Noah innocently shrugged, throwing me to the side, my head making harsh contact with the metal edge of the fireplace. An excruciating ache exploding in my head as things started to get fuzzy. Everything eventually goes black. 

It's a pity he hadn't killed me right then and there.