Chapter Fifty: Going in circles

26/02/2022

Chapter fifty!!! I feel emotional thinking about how far I have come from this time last year when I was just uploading my first chapter, I would like to thank you all immensely for the huge support you give me. By far my favorite thing to do is reply to your comments about how scandalous the plot is getting as if I'm not the one who keeps screwing the characters over, mwahaha. 

I hope you enjoy,

~Aphrodite

-----------------------

(Embry's POV)

December 23rd. I lay in a starfish position not wanting to get out of bed. Not like I had anywhere to go or anything to do. A part of me really wanted to see Evelyn but another part of me was afraid she would hate me if she found out what I had done, I had managed to push it to the back of my mind but every so often I was reminded that I was a murderer.

I watched as Noah bustled around the room, into the wardrobe and bathroom, readying himself for the day once again, leaving me behind. Sighing dramatically I sat up in the bed, sitting motionlessly as I stared in front of me trying to fully wake up.

"Good morning beautiful" Noah sang, nodding towards the chair at the desk, wanting me to sit down and eat. Trudging over to eat breakfast, I threw a quick glance at him, kicking my legs back and forth as they hung down from the chair. "Maybe I could start eating downstairs again soon?" I questioned hopefully, taking a bite of the toast. It was just so boring and bland up here. "Nope" he shook his head giving me a look to say 'are you serious'.

I groaned as he threw another one of his shirts at me, "can I at least wear my own clothes?" I pouted, sending him a pleading look. I took his silence as an answer, one which I was not very happy with. "But I don't like wearing these tops all the time" I sulked, crossing my arms and sitting back in the chair.

"Too bad, you should have thought about that before you ran" he flashed a quick smile, taking the seat across from me. "You can't hold that against me forever" I frowned, picking at the food in front of me, "I said I was sorry." "Sorry doesn't fix everything, now does it?" he replied in a sarcastic tone, sending shock waves to my heart. Why was he being mean?

"But I-" "shut the fuck and eat your food before I take that plate and launch it at your face" he growled as I sank back into my seat. Tears flooded my eyes as I stared at the ground. Look what you did Embry. Fear coursed through my body as I glanced up at his scowling features.

"I'm not like Noah, you'll never have to fear me snapping at you, let me protect you, let me hold you, let me nurture you like you deserve."

My appetite vanished at the sudden ringing of Sebastian's voice in my mind. Stop. Don't do this to yourself Embry. "I didn't mean to upset you" I whimpered, training my focus on the plate of food in front of me. "I have to go," he strutted out, no goodbye kiss? B-but I always get a goodbye kiss.

Lifting my legs so my heels rested on the chair, I changed the tops quickly and hugged my knees, my tears dropping slowly onto them as I turned my head to stare out the window. There was about as much going on out there then there was in here, nothing.

I didn't once look at the food again, a sick feeling developing in my stomach at the thought of Noah being upset with me. Wiping my face in my arm I sat on the chair for most of the morning. Doing nothing but embracing the ache in my heart.