Chapter Three : Long time no see

05/03/2021

I hope you are enjoying it so far, I hope you are all doing immaculately!                                            

Thanks for reading :)                                                                                                                                                       

-Aphrodite                                                                                                                                                                     

________________________________________________________________________________

            I lay there for I'm not sure how long, just until the pain stopped. I didn't think it ever would but it did. I had no energy to move so I remained still, the goosebumps rising from the cold air hitting against my bare skin.

"I'll be back Embry, you and me forever, remember?"

My thoughts were a dangerous thing but then again they were the things that kept me sane throughout the past year. I had no one, my parents were amazing and I'm so grateful for them but I could never talk to them about anything. It was just the dynamics of our relationship and it never affected me until now because I had Noah.

He could always tell when something was wrong and we always had this connection that I knew was special, I suppose that's why I've allowed this to affect me so much.

But, I've allowed him to get to me, his last words before he was taken away keep spinning around my mind, the echoes of his unfulfilled promises to get back to me now becoming the bone chilling reality I was so scared to come to terms with.

"Embry, sweetie, can I come in?" my mom's gentle tone wafted through the door, "yeah one minute mom". Grabbing the blanket I covered my body, wrapping myself securely in its protection just before she came in.

"Hi, I know you probably aren't in the mood to eat but I thought to let you know that the food is ready, if not it's fine, but you could take a bath that would be nice right?" Sighing, I approached her and threw my arms around her frame, I knew she needed the comfort I had always seeked.

"Yeah, I think I might just have a bath and then go to sleep, I'll make sure to come to you if I have any problems, I'm fine, I promise" I smiled, lying so sweetly through my teeth. Although lying had never been my strong suit I had perfected the art of showing my parents what they wanted to see.

"That's great Embry, I'll be downstairs if you need anything", nodding I shut the door after her. Slinging my dirty clothes from the floor into the hamper I slumped against the bathroom door as I listened to the water run.

Shutting my eyes I let the noise consume my mind, no thoughts, they cost too much emotional payment. Satisfied with the temperature I slid into the bath letting my worries and fears soak with me and melt away with the heat.

Pruney and clean, I dried myself off wrapping the towel firmly around me as I exited the bathroom.

"I missed you little bug", my breath caught in my throat. I looked up to see him there on my bed. Blinking in disbelief I waited for him to disappear and for my imagination to be playing a trick on me.

"N-noah?" I whimpered, a burning sensation running through my system at the thought of the situation. I stood frozen as he stalked towards me, "yeah baby, I'm back and I missed you so much" his eyes were darker than I remembered.