Chapter Fifty-One: Just a bit of fixer-upper

28/02/2022

And so the chapter update spams cease, it really was a great time to be alive, I hope you are all having a wonderful day and that something good happens to each and every one of you!! 

I hope you enjoy,

~Aphrodite

---------------------------

(Noah's POV)

Releasing a frustrated sigh, I shut the door with a slam. What a fucking ass. Oh how I bet he loves seeing his two sons turn on each other, the little shit stirrer. Saying what my wife can and can't do. It's just some sick and twisted form of entertainment for the old man. The day he dies will be one of the happiest days of my life.

Searching the room I became more agitated as she wasn't here, "Embry" I gruffly called out, placing the plate of pizza on the table. Stupid fucking uncomfortable clothes, I glowered, throwing my shoes and jacket off of me. "In the bath" her gentle voice wafted out, my face immediately lifting into a smile.

Even just hearing her voice made me feel better. "I missed you beautiful" I leaned over, kissing the top of her head, the smell of her shampoo hitting me like a drug. How intoxicating. Taking a seat on the closed toilet lid, I sat admiring my beautiful beautiful baby. "Is everything okay?" Her voice came out in a whisper, I knew why, she was scared to set me off.

There was no need for her to fear me, I would never snap at her without cause. "Just my dad" I sighed, running my hands through my hair in exasperation. "I'm sorry your dads not nice" she frowned gently, letting her head drop onto her knees, her head turned to look at me.

"Every person deserves to have a good relationship with their parents, but some people just aren't meant to be parents, you know?" I reached over to brush her wet hair back as a pained look took over her face. This is why I had to lock her away from the world, she was too precious, the way she comforts me after everything I've done to her. She's much too pure for this world. "After I left, did they ever get better, your parents?" I take on a soft tone, not wanting to upset her with the sudden question.

"Not really no" she shook her head, hiding her hands in her arms. "I guess it kind of just hurt a little more because when you were gone, I didn't have anybody else except them and when they would just always work or-" her voice cracked as she looked up at me with teary eyes. "When I would be right beside them and yet, they may have as well not been there at all, and I don't want to stay bitter towards them because they are my parents and I know they loved me so much and they probably miss me like hell, but maybe if they had been there for me-" she drifted off into an uneasy silence.

"You wouldn't be here" my jaw hardened, her guilty face turning away from me as I grabbed a towel from the rack, kissing my teeth. "Come on, I brought pizza" I nodded my head towards the bedroom as she unplugged the bath and let me wrap the towel around her.

"I don't mean to keep upsetting you," she shuffled towards the wardrobe, grabbing another one of my shirts. I did love when she wore them, especially the way they were too big on her and gave me the perfect view of my ownership branded right into her chest. "What kind of husband would I be if I didn't accept you for your flaws?" I lowered myself onto the chair, patting my lap.

Letting out a sigh of content as she took her designated spot on my lap, my little pet. I grinned at the thought. The cogs in my head turning as she nibbled unawarely at her pizza, let's see just how much I can break you my little flower. Let's see how quickly those petals wither. Let me crush your roots and plant you again, growing under my light and my light only.