Chapter Forty: Chain-reaction

24/02/2022

Stuff is about to get dramatic from here on out!!!

I hope you enjoy,

~Aphrodite

(Embry's POV)

"He's out doing business with James, I promise you'll be okay if you go down to hang out with Indigo while she works" Sebastian smiled down at me, intertwining his fingers with mine. "Well then I guess it'll be okay if I walk you to the door," lifting the hand he held in his he dotted a light kiss onto the back of it. "I'd love that but only if I get a goodbye kiss" he winks, as I follow him down the stairs into the parlour.

"I'll see you tomorrow beautiful" he halted right beside the door as he bent down a little so I could reach his cheeks. Leaning on my tippy toes I placed a small kiss just at his cheek bone, "bye, be safe" I grinned, waving at him as he walked away from the building.

Turning around, I sauntered back over to Indigo, who was currently customerless. "Hey pretty girl" she smiled, as I came up behind her to peek over and see her sketching images out. "So how was your day with Sebastian?" she wriggled her eyebrows as she made a kissy face. "Good" I tried to hide my smile, turning away from her.

"You know that's like the third one this week" she commented in amusement, signalling to my neck. That little shit. "Crap, is it really noticeable? I told him no more love bites," I said, distressed as I zipped my hoodie up fully in an attempt to hide them. "Nah, I just like annoying you, it's quite faint this time" she smirked, laughing to herself.

December 15th, four days since Sebastian and I had put up the decorations, his behaviour towards me was no more appropriate than it had been that day. It had never surpassed making out, or the occasional intimate hand placement, but even now I still felt shy when he did it or when Indigo and Dakota brought it up.

"I'm new to all this, you know? With Noah, realistically I had only been actually dating him for a year before he went to prison and we never really got further than kissing and it certainly was never as intense as it is with Sebastian." I could feel heat rising to my cheeks as I turned shyly towards Indigo.

"This is a safe space, say what's on your mind" she encouraged, leaning back into her stool, her full attention on me. "I don't know" I shrugged, pulling my lip between my teeth, "I was never really interested in doing any of that kind of stuff before, I never felt ready to, but with Sebastian, I don't feel pressured to be ready to and I know because he tells me all the time that it is bare minimum but when you just came from a place where you had convinced yourself that deciding when you were ready wasn't a decision you got to make, it's nice."

"I guess, despite not being able to leave this building, he just makes me feel free and alive, he makes things exciting again, and I think I'm starting to really like him" I sighed, I didn't want to fight my feelings my whole life or be ashamed of them but I knew it was wrong, the way everything was happening. But it all felt so right.

"Awh, Embry, that is literally so cute, wait till I tell Dakota, she'll love this" Indigo clapped wildly.

Eager to change the topic of conversation, I move over beside her, flipping through her book of designs."How's business today?" I queried. "Good, Josh starts his shift in like an hour so we can go up and watch a movie if you want," she suggested, now rummaging through the presses towards the side of the shop. "Yeah, I'd like that" I nodded, tracing my fingers over a pretty butterfly design.

"Crap, I left the new inks in the car, would you mind just watching the place really quickly, if anybody comes in just say hi and tell them I'll be back soon" she rushed out, practically bolting out the door before I could even express my agreement.