Chapter Forty-Three: Never break a pinky promise

25/02/2022

Have been very excited for you all to read this chapter!

I hope you enjoy,

~Aphrodite

---------------------------------------

(Embry's POV)

My head was spinning with everything that was going on, my eyes flitting from the man to the phone. My heart felt as though it was beating fast enough that it would explode right in my chest. I couldn't do this, I couldn't do this.

Staggering into the bedroom, blood still heavy on my skin, I threw a bunch of clothes into the first bag I saw, I had no money, I had no plan, I had no place to go and right now I had no faith in myself. "I want my mom" I cried out, clutching the bed for support, as my emotions suffocated me from the inside.

Throwing random things inside the bag, my ribs ached with all the wailing that I couldn't suppress. "This is all your fault Embry" I whispered, staring blankly at my hands, the same hands that held the gun and stole a life. A million voices were screaming at me in my mind,

"Just go with Noah, he's the only one that could love a murderer like you."

"Run, Embry, run."

"Sebastian will save you"

"Of course Noah's your soulmate, you're just like him"

"Embry, fuck, we have to go now," shuffling around I came face to face with Sebastian. A look of panic and worry on his face as he studied my blood soaked figure. "I killed him, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm so sorry" I all but choked on my tears.

"It's okay princess, but we need to go now, I only had the advantage of knowing exactly where you were, he's going to be here any moment" he tugged at my arm, dragging me past the body on the floor which my eyes couldn't seem to leave.

Stumbling down the steps, my vision was severely blurred by my tears, my stomach clenching painfully. "Sebastian" Indigo's worried voice could be heard harshly whispering, "look not now Indie, I have to get her out of here, he'll be here any mom-."

My face wacked into the back of Sebastian's body as he suddenly stopped. "Too late, brother," the familiar voice spat. His voice was enough to stop my crying, my body entering fight or flight mode, except I always just seemed to freeze.

Peeking out from behind Sebastian, I could feel my heart drop to the floor at the sight of him. He looked even more terrifying, it had been so long since I had seen him and now that he was here in front of me, I couldn't grasp the fact this was really happening.

How did it all go so downhill so fast? "Hey little bug, you're okay now, I'm here" I avoided his gaze as he beamed over at me, a psychotic kind of happiness settling on his features.

"Embry, look at me" he seethed, his tone sending chills down my spine, so I listened. Stepping out from beside Sebastian slightly, I clutched onto his shirt for support, as I lifted my tear stained face to look at my husband.

"Did you miss me baby girl, I sure as hell missed you" he grinned, holding his arms out for a hug but my feet stayed planted where they were. "I see" he hissed, his eyes falling to Sebastian's arm that was held out in front of me. "Well, well what do we have here?" He beamed, clicking his tongue as his eyes drifted from me to his brother.