Episode 12 "The Man with the Bone" Part 3

Magsimula sa umpisa

-Venus POV-

We are at Booths office as we interrogated our security officer from the Jeffersonian Hughes. "I didn't see the harm." Temp then asks, "In stealing human remains?" "After 300 years, it's not like he's got a family grieving for him out there." I sigh and put my hands on my head as Boss speaks, "Think of us as a grieving parent." Booth then speaks, "Grand theft, buddy; you're looking at eight years." Boss then adds, "If we don't kill you." "Come on. What's a bunch of old bones like that worth? Nothing." I got a bit irritated, "Hughes!" He looks at me seeing my fuming dead eyes staring down at him as I ask, "How much do you get for them?" "Couple of hundred bucks..." Booth then cuts in, "Yeah. So, this wire transfer into your bank for ten grand- What's that? Inheritance?" 

I then spoke again, "I am highly disappointed in you Hughes. Who did you steal them for?" He looks at me then away feeling a bit frightened by my stare, "We didn't really do the name-exchange thing." "Somebody approached you?" "Yeah." Booth then starts laying out some pictures for him, "Let's see. Okay. Which one was it?" "Which time?" I then spoke, "The first time, Hughes." He then points at the dead victim, "Him... but he looked better." I asked again, "And the second time?" "Um.. him." He then points to Hardewicke, "Look, guys, I'm cooperating all right? I will give back the money. I will quit my job, all right? How's about we just call it even?" Booth then says in a mocking tone, "How about we call the DA? You know, you need a better screening process down at the museum." I chuckle, "Well, isn't that ironic Ranger, given we contract that out to the FBI." Boss smirks as Booth stutters a bit, "The..." but he just nods.". Boss and I did a fist bump, and they start taking Hughes away for further questioning."

It is dark and late already and Temp, Booth and I are back at the crime scene looking for Hardewicke as Temp asks, "You think he's dangerous?" Booth then answers, "Grand theft, murder, yeah." We then start hearing music of bagpipes playing as Temp speaks, "The music. Shh. He's down there." I chuckle, "Sis that's not music. It's bagpipes." Booth then sees something and starts taking out his gun as I do the same and stand in front of Temp and behind Booth a bit as he takes the lead. "Mr. Hardewicke?" We go closer to him as Booth tries again, "Mr. Harde... Whoa." Temp then says, "Maybe we're looking for someone else." I sigh nodding my head, "This is one interesting case."

We are at Harry examination room listening to his findings, "The larynx was crushed." Temp then asks, "Is that going to be your cause-of-death ruling?" "We gonna have another fight about this?" Booth and I look between the two and he starts speaking, "I'm pretty open guy, Harry, but if you keep pushing like that, it's gonna be me who smacks you around." "How do you know that won't work for me just as well?" I try to hold my laugh in as Booth looks at him and quickly moves away standing a bit in front of me looking down at me with a bit of disappointed eyes. I try my best to not look at him at the eyes as Temp speaks, "You ruled that Macy died from crushed larynx." "A crushed larynx is fatal, ergo it results in death." I shake my head taking over for Temp, "I'm sorry, but your wrong then..." as Temps adds, "...and you're wrong now." Booth then adds, "See? He like it." 

I try not to look a bit disgusted as I keep on my smile and say, "We need to see both sets of X-rays, his and Macy's. please." Harry does what I say adding, "It's not always about being right or wrong. It's about the dialogue. An intense conversation can be the most wonderful kind of intercourse." I just stare at the x-rays as Temp gives him a weird look and Booth speaks, "Know what? This guy is a pervert. Get away from him Blueberry."  Temp pulls me over towards her and away from Harry a bit as I speak, "Damage between C-2 and C-4, 45-degree angle, exact same pattern of injury as Macy. These injury patterns look so familiar though." I look at it for a bit longer than it clicked to me, making my heart drop a bit. I sighed, "I now know why it's so familiar..."Booth then asks, "What is it Blueberry?" I look at him, "Let me show you. Harry I will be borrowing you for a minute." I then grabbed Harry's head putting in front of me as I spoke, "His head was wrenched around, while the other hand crushed the larynx." I do the move with ease without actually hurting Harry as he adds, "That must really frustrate you that I missed that." Booth then starts following, "That's a Special Forces move. Take a sentry down, crush the larynx, so he can't scream. That's why it was so familiar to you." I nod as Temp asks us, "You've both done that to people?" Booth then speaks, "No. I haven't" I look down at the ground as I spoke, "Our murder is Special Forces, same as I."