Episode 12 "The Man with the Bone" Part 2

Beginne am Anfang

I just finished checking the systems and Temp had walked over to me and we discussed a bit about the bones and see if we could come up with any ideas. I then looked at Temp, "Hey could we go and take another look at the bones again, I think we might've overviewed something about it. " "Yes, I think that's an excellent idea." Temp and I walked into the Bone examination room as we started to put on our gloves. I stop immediately noticing that the bones weren't there. Temp was confused at me stopping as she then also looked and immediately called out Zack, "Zack, the bones- what did you do with the bones?" Zack comes over to us, "Nothing, Dr. Brennan." I immediately grabbed my phone and called a lockdown on the whole facility and get all the security guards to where I was and to inform Boss about the lockdown. While I did this Zack continued to speak, "I left them on the table just like you asked." I then hear Temp yell out, "Where the hell are my bones?!"

I had given every person from security a specific position, while we try and locate where the bones were. Temp, Boss and I were up on the platform as Temp was mad, "Bones don't just disappear. I thought this was a secure facility. You assured me this was a secure facility. I could be working at Stanford, you know. This would never have happened at Stanford." I didn't say anything as I was feeling dejected, but Boss spoke, "We spend three quarters of a million dollars annually on security. We have the best security system any institution could get as it is your sister who developed and created it." "Obviously, that's not enough. I want my bones." I felt even more broken when Temp said that as Booth comes up as Temp turns around, "Did you find my bones?!" "Oh! Maybe you want just want to, you know, chill a little?" "Chill?" "Yeah. You know, take a pill." "Listen, dude, my lab was violated, my bones were stolen, so I think I'll remain warm for a little while longer." 

Angie comes up seeing the situation, "Honey, maybe you should focus on your breathing. I think you broke your sister. Count to ten. Have a shot of Jack." Booth then adds, "Look we are doing everything that we can, okay? So, don't go breaking your sister. I promise you, we're going to find your bones, but you have to allow us to do our job." Temp turns her head around and looks at me seeing my dejected face looking at the ground, "I guess I wasn't helping all that much, was I? I.. I'm..." Angie finishes for her, "Sorry. It's cool. Now let's see if we could put a smile back onto Vens face." Booth nods, "Hey, look on the bright side. I mean, this whole theft thing could be good for us, right? I mean, whoever took the bones obviously had something to do with the murder. We're getting closer." Boss then speaks, "Dr. Venus had already ordered all on-duty security personnel to give a minute-by-minute account of their rounds." Booth then speaks, "I want an account of all off-duty personnel, as well." I then decided to speak feeling a bit better, "I already got that done and sent it to your email and your people so they could go through it faster..." Booth looks at me and smiles, "You always make my job so much easier Blueberry, this is why you're the one and only ...." I smile and jump enthusiastically "I'm your berry squint. Just one call away and gets things done faster than normal." "And she's back."

We then hear Zack coming up to us, "They didn't get everything." Booth then asks, "I thought all the bones were on the table." "All the new ones. I was still examining the original finger bone we found for scurvy, so it was in my room." Temp grabs the bone as we both examined it and she say, "There is something they don't want us to find on these bones." I then speak, "Okay then Temp you should take that back to the bone examination room and take a security guard with you." She nods and leaves getting a guard to come with her as I look both at Boss and Angela, "Could you both test and see if my assumptions are correct." Boss and Angela nod, "Alright then I need you both to walk from the bone examination room to the front door, make sure to time it. If I am correct, then someone in this lab is our mole." Angela then asks, "What makes you say that?" "Well, while I was doing the systems checks, I saw that there was no trigger, no one hacking into the system, or anything that looked off. So it would be someone who works here." They nod and start to get to work. I turn and see Zack standing there last, "Zack... you are truely amazing." I grabbed his face with both of my hands and pulled him down as I kissed his forehead, then both of his cheeks, and finally his nose. "You made my day today Zackaroo. Now lets go and help out Temp with the bone. I leave first as Zack was still processing all of the different kisses that I placed on his face. But soon quickly joined me.