epilogue

seven and a half years later.

The first day of Hogwarts was always the most exhilarating but dreadful time of the year. Within the first week alone the number of first years that manage to fall down the moving stairs seemed to increase alarmingly every year. Students run into each other's arms holding their friends who they'd not have seen all summer. The pleasant sight was joyous but a bit overwhelming for some.

"Now what are the three unforgivable curses." The professor asked their class of fourth years.

A Ravenclaw girl eagerly extended her hand not bothering to wait to be called on, "The killing curse, the cruciatus, and the imperius curse Professor."

"Correct but next time Ms. Angelo wait to be called on." The professor nodded with a faint smile amused by the student's fierce eagerness.

"Professor?" A Slytherin student raised his arm and the professor nodded allowing him to speak, the question he asked made the students freeze. Everyone's focused attention shifted from student to teacher wondering what would happen.

"Well?" sought the student, "Is it true your wife has endured the cruciatus curse, Professor Riddle?"

"It's been eight years since I announced that on my first day of class and students are still talking about it." Lyra laughed stepping into Tom's class. It happens every year when Tom begins teaching his course on the three unforgivable curses. On that occasion, the whole lesson becomes sabotaged as the students begin to interrogate Tom all about Lyra and her role in the war.

"Mrs. Riddle." Tom smiled graciously at his beloved wife.

"Professor Riddle it looks like you left this morning with something valuable in your coat pocket and your son has not stopped annoying me about it."

"Which son exactly I find them both to be annoying sometimes." Tom crossed his arms leaning back against his desk with a slight laugh let out marking how unamused his wife looked. "Alright, class is dismissed."

"Mrs. Riddle is it true when you initially met Professor Riddle you threw a curse at him?" An eager student asked the moment he stood up.

Lyra knew based on Tom's mild expression he didn't want her to answer that but instead, she winked at him and turned to the curious student, "It's true, I even left him with a nasty scar after I beat him in a duel. I remain the single person to have ever beat him in a duel."

"I said class dismissed." Tom stood placing his hands in his trouser pockets. Lyra had to force herself to look elsewhere because of how attractive he looked in his tan patterned suit. The pocket watch was still attached, he had never taken the thing off and always carried it with him.

It had been three years since Tom took over the defense against the dark arts and Lyra naturally made it a tradition to always attend the first day of school. It consistently reminded her of when she started at Hogwarts in her new settled time, but it also reminded her of her last day at Hogwarts.

June 30th, 1945.

"Is this the estate you told me about?" Tom asked. Lyra realized that she was going to stay here and have to live the rest of her life in this time period. So the estate in which she hid upon her arrival here made for the perfect place.

"Yes. You should see how beautiful it looks on the inside I already took care of everything and the maintenance of the place."

"And why are we here?"

"Well, we are going to move in together now that we've finished Hogwarts. Even though we still have some time left until we leave our dorms I had the perfect place in mind."