23.

Word had already spread around the castle of the unfortunate events that transpired in transfiguration.

She locked herself in her room with Mulciber who carefully kept her comforted making sure Lyra was okay by her side.

Lyra had crawled into a ball sitting comfortably beside him with her head buried into his ribs while Mulciber wrapped a protecting arm around her on her bed. She had multiple people knock on her door but Mulciber with difficulty kept them all out explaining right away wasn't the proper moment to speak to her.

"I'm hungry." she muffled.

"Do you want me to grab something from the great hall?" he asked gently.

"No, I want to eat but I feel too nauseous. Plus it's already ten pm. Maybe a walk would clear my head."

"It's risky to walk out of the castle alone." worryingly stated.

Lyra stood up promptly throwing an oversized knitted sweater over her and silently muttered a warming charm, "I'll be okay I just want to clear my head a little."

"I can come with you." He stood up nearing her door.

"It's fine, thank you." Lyra gave a tight hug and they both exit her room going in opposite directions.

Mulciber flung open his door to find Rosier, Lestrange, Malfoy, and Riddle carefully looking towards him.

"How is she?" Lestrange politely asked.

"She's alright, went for a walk to clear her head." he propped down onto the bed next to Rosier, "What's with the intervention?"

Riddle stood up turning the glittering ring placed onto his eager finger, "It's been decided. Over Christmas break I'll produce the second Horcrux." he said sternly.

"The second? Isn't it too soon after Myrtle's death?" Malfoy asked.

"I won't be managing a student this time, No, I have someone quite perfect in mind." he scarcely thought about his muggle father.

"Is it Lyra?" Mulciber asked, causing the frightened boys to glance towards him and Riddle waiting for a response.

"She won't be much use would she if I killed her. She provides another purpose I require."

"You're however going to ask her to join?" Lestrange interrupted.

"What's wrong Lestrange? Afraid he'll kill your girlfriend before you have the chance to shag her?" snickered Malfoy.

"Watch it Malfoy." he gritted through his teeth.

"Or has she moved on to Mulciber?" Malfoy jerked his head towards Mulciber's direction. "Heard you two had quite the private party after the win."

Mucliber's eye's turned black, and he dug his hands furiously into the sheets, "Unlike Lestrange, I make good use of my threats. Shut it."

"We can discuss your love triangle later. That's not what we're here for." Rosier cut the tension.

"I don't trust her yet. She'd hiding something I know she is. Mulciber I want you to watch her closely if she does or say anything suspicious report it back to me." Riddle ordered. " Avery and Nott are to not know anything of today's meeting."

Lyra had wisely decided to take a walk by the black lake, sitting down by the grand opening of the water right by the forbidden forest. She laid down onto the grass trying to cleanse her mind of the image she was forced to see of the priest.

She eagerly watched as the thestrals flew above her, fondly remembering on her first day she was capable of perceiving them but no one else around her noticed.