12:23 A.M

"I don't even want to attend this stupid party anymore," Lyra complained with Mucliber beside her while the two were comfortably lying in bed under the quilt.

"Run it for me one last time."

Lyra groaned and pulled the quilt up to cover her face," Ugh Alastor I dearly love you but we've been over this a million times."

"Please just once more," he begged.

"I am from 1999, I was sent here by Malfoys grandson-"

"Draco." he interrupted.

"Yes, Draco Malfoy. I was sent here by him in order to kill Voldemort and destroy the Horcruxes he's made. Upon my arrival here my memory about his true identity and the memory of what the Horcruxes were had been wiped out. I tried every bloody spell, every damn potion but nothing helped. So from what I knew I devised a way to slither myself into his original follower's group in order to see if I can find Voldemort while he's human." She repeated the same story over a million times in the past few days. Breaking down as much as she could, answering all of Mulciber's constant questions.

He paused with a look on his face, analyzing something, "I'm coming with you."

"You sure as hell are not coming with me to the future."

"And why not?"

"That's way too risky Alastor. I'm already changing the timeline by even going there in the first place. Not to mention if I take you with me who knows what would happen with your family linage. Or what if you're seen by someone who knows you from this time? What about Alexander and the boys. No, you are not coming with me."

"But-" Mulciber reached for Lyra's hand, "you'll be all alone."

She turned to her side admiring the puppy eyes he was giving her, "That's something I've already accepted. And don't look at me with those eyes it won't work on me."

"You're such an arse Lyra." Mulciber pulled the quilt over Lyra's head, resulting in the two bursting out in laughter. "Truly the coldest woman I have ever met."

This might be one of the last few moments she spent with him. The last time she would laugh with him, joke, or even comfort him. Alastor Mulciber is one of the people she would truly miss with every inch of her heart. She considers him not just a friend, but a family member. Lyra wanted to take him with her desperately, but she knew the consequences would be serious. As a result of both of their presence, the timeline would be further impacted. Smiling, she whispered, "I love you."Her eyes were already stinging.

"I love you more," he whispered back, his eyes also tearing up. "I'm sorry. I'm so sorry."

Confused Lyra sat up staring down at him. "Sorry? For what exactly?"

The truth is he knew why she was here. More so who she was here for, but Mulciber couldn't tell her. He was consumed with guilt, knowing that with just one sentence he could make Lyra stay here forever, but to do so he must kill Riddle and destroy the Horcrux. Was he capable of doing so? With knowledge of the truth, Mulciber was certain that Riddle's vision for the wizarding world was not something he wanted to be involved in. The pain, the death, the horrors that would soon pass one day.

He hasn't spoken to Nott either about any of this. But the reaction he had towards Lyra when they arrived at Malfoy manor was troubling. Lyra is not someone that Nott would intentionally hurt. Did her decision to leave hurt Nott that much? Would he tell Riddle who Lyra really is and possibly sentence her to death?

Their conversation was interrupted by a loud knock at the door. Lyra got up and rushed over to open it as quickly as she could.

"Lestrange?"