2.

"Before you bloody scream or try to kill me you need to listen and listen very carefully. I'm going to take my hand off your mouth, do you understand." The boy who now appeared to her as a man had changed quite drastically.

His eyes were sunk in, and his face white as his hair but there was something else that seemed so foreign to her something she couldn't quite figure out. The 2 old friends now enemies due to their siding of the war, now stand in an alley waiting to see if one would try to kill another.

Draco lowered his hand and before she could speak, "You know as well as I that I never wanted this. I never wanted to be a death eater or be a part of The Dark lord's vision."

"Yet you stayed on his side, yet you kill and work for him, Draco. Apologies I meant Lieutenant." Lyra wanted nothing more than to hit him, to curse and shout at him but she was too tired.

"Listen to me Lyra, you are the only person in that crusade of yours that's willing to take extreme measures. We don't have much time before I'm summoned, but you need to stop it all."

"Don't you think I've tried Draco, bloody hell that's all we've been trying to do for the past 2 ye-"

"No you don't understand." He took a step back pulling out a green vial, an envelope and a small gold necklace. A time-turner. "You need to stop it all from the beginning, I know you and my mother have been in contact for weeks now. She told me to give these to you and that you'll know what you have to do. I don't agree with this plan you 2 have been constructing, it's dangerous and foolish. But I've come to realize it's the only option left now that Potters is dead."

Narcissa had told him about their partnership. But Lyra was confused, the only thing they've talked about was ways she could kill Voldemort by a surprise attack. A day, time and location was to be provided to her, one that she would finally attempt to kill him once and for all. She blinked in confusion staring at the items Draco had held out, when the realization hit her.

"That's not possible, your mother wants me to travel to whatever year and do what? Kill baby Voldemort? We both know we can't time travel that far, don't you remember learning that our bodies won't be able to handle that pressure." she let out a small laugh and couldn't help realize she sounded like Hermione.

"Specifically 1943, we know roughly that's when his first Horcrux was made. You need to kill him Lyra, you'll be able to prevent this all from happening. That's what the potion is for, my mother made it to guarantee you'll get there safely with no physical damage, unfortunately, the side effects are still unknown, but you have to leave right now." he sounded as if he was begging her to accept.

"Right now? I can't leave without telling Neville goodbye. He'll think I was captured or dead, I can't do that to him Draco please." No, she can't leave like this, she told Neville she'd be back , she told Hermione she would come back. Leaving like this would make matters, even more, worse at the house.

But on the other hand she can prevent this, stop all this from happening, the decision put too much pressure on her. If she stays, thousands if not millions more die, if she leaves she could end up failing and die in 19 fucking 43 and millions still die.

"What's in the envelope?" she said softly, playing with the ring that rested upon her thumb.

"My mother created an identity for you to ensure you'll be safe. There is also a password and vault number of a secret account that's been sitting in Gringotts since 1932, it still till today hasn't been touched, you will have more money than you could possibly need until you come back." He hesitated before speaking out his next words. " Your new name is Lyra Lenkrov."

"Oh so suddenly I'm fucking Russian just cause I know how to speak the language since I'm a parselmouth too want to turn me into a cobra while you're at it? And also, wouldn't it be strange that a Russian has a British accent?" she crossed her arms in annoyance and rolled her eyes.

"You're smart, you can think of something. The identity is so no one questions why you're a complete stranger in the wizarding world. We didn't have time to complete a whole life story. As of right now we're also running out of time. Will you do this or not?"

"If this doesn't work and I die, I wan-"

"You won't die." He cut her off before she could finish the rest of her sentence. Which earned him a slap on the chest.

"As I was saying, if I do die, please in some way tell Neville I'm sorry and that I will forever be grateful for our friendship." she held his hand and left out a sigh, "I'm also grateful for our friendship Draco, thank you." she placed a gentle kiss on his cheek knowing very well Draco could be the last person she sees or speaks to in 1999.

She popped open the vial and chugged it down, after waiting a few seconds she felt fine and felt nothing different. She snatched the envelope and tucked it into the inside pocket of her coat, Draco placed the time turner onto her neck with the date already set.

"Wait, you can't go dressed like that." Draco pulled out his wand, which caused Lyra to react and reach for hers. "I'm not going to hurt you, I just need to change what you're wearing."

She stood still as he cast a spell and was changed into a pair of black trousers, a white t-shirt, a small dainty pair of heels and her coat still the same. "No, I am not wearing heels." She pulled out her wand and waved it over her heels, leading her boots to reappear.

"I highly doubt they had Doc Martens in the 40's Lyra. You have to be-" he looked back up at her and noticed a glare. " I guess there's no point in arguing with a stubborn woman such as you."

"Remember Lyra that time works differently, you could be in the '40s for a year or two but in our time you'll only be gone for months." He rested his hands on her shoulders to help calm the nerves she possibly has. The two exchanged a few looks silently, they had no idea if this would work or not, but it gave both a glimmer of hope that this present could be prevented.

Lyra looked at Draco one last time before turning the time turner.

1.

2.

3.

4.