Chapter 24: Publicity

A/N: Sry for the late upload, a lot has been going on recently. Currently going through a separation with my best friend and a break up so bare with me :/ Anyway enjoy

Eddie's POV
I pressed a soft kiss to his forehead before heading out of the room, smiling to myself at how adorable he was when he was asleep. He was still hugging the pillow I gave him as his chest rise and fell softly. I loved him so much. I wished I could give him what he deserved, especially after all the pain I had caused him. Yet somehow I knew I could never be enough, no matter how hard I tried. A tear rolled down my cheek, but I quickly wiped it away with my hand.

I set up my camera and microphone in the recording room just like I had before. I squinted at the bright lights hitting my face, forgetting how much they had blinded me. With a sigh, I sat down on my desk chair, feeling nothing but drained and emptiness. I looked out the window at the dark sky, my gaze slowly lifting to the stars. Not even the sun had bothered to rise yet.

I stared at my screen for a few seconds, urging myself to click the large red circle labeled "Start Recording." Although my heart was racing and I felt like I was going to be sick, I pressed it anyway, unable to turn back anymore.

"Hey, so you all might be wondering where I have been these past couple weeks," I said, looking up at the camera, "Well, let's just say things have been very difficult for me lately and I-"

I choked back tears, trying to keep a straight face.  "I'm sorry for the lack of content," I continued even though my voice shook the more I spoke, "Same for the other boys. They've been with me through it all, and I can't thank them enough. Although there is an issue I still have to take care of..."

I paused, looking down at my hands before taking a deep breath. "It's about Gaege." I couldn't keep my eyes from tearing up anymore. "He recently just got out of the hospital from a terrible injury and we don't have enough money to help him." Everything I
I began to sob right then and there, burying my face in my hands. "I never thought I would be saying this but..." I sniffed, wiping my nose with my sleeve, "But I'm going to quit YouTube in order to take care of him. Everything I've loved, all of you, I'm so sorry. But I love him. I love him with all my heart, so I hope you understand why I've chosen to do this."

I smiled weakly at the camera, feeling my heart about to break as I said, "Its been one hell of a journey you all. This is the last recording of Eddievr, signing off."

I hit the "Stop Recording" button, instantly uploading it before I could change my mind. I then began to sob, sob and sob until I was weak. Everything I had worked for, ever dreamed of, was gone. Although it was for Gaege, and I didn't regret it one bit.

"E-Eddie?" I suddenly heard behind me, realizing I had left the door open. Gaege was standing there as tears rolled down his cheeks. "Did you mean everything you said? That you were really quitting... f-for me?" I nodded, sniffing as I said, "Of course I did. Why wouldn't I?"

Gaege stared at me in shock before shaking his head, "No... you aren't serious! You're joking...right?" I shook my head, looking away from him. "I meant everything," I told him, "All of it was true. I'm going to get a separate job and pay for you. I want to make sure you're okay."

Gaege leaned against the wall, running a hand through his hair in disbelief. I stood up from my chair, walking over to him with my arms spread open.

"No, Eddie, you didn't have to do this-" He stopped when I hugged him, careful not to hurt his wounds. Tears were rushing down my cheeks, but I buried my head into his neck. He was surprised for a few seconds before hugging me back, softly saying, "It's okay my love. It will all be okay."

"Did you just call me 'my love'?" I said with a small smile. "What? You don't like it?" Gaege asked shyly. "No, I love it," I answered, kissing him gently on the neck, "And I love you."

Before he could answer, my phone suddenly started going off like crazy, and we both glanced over to it. "What the..." I picked it up from the desk, suddenly gasping when I saw the notifications.

"Oh my gosh... Gaege!" I looked up at him with wide eyes, "The video... it went viral!"

"What?" Gaege furrowed his eyebrows, "It did?"

"Yes!" I clamped a hand over my mouth, "People are willing to donate!" Gaege stood in shock, but I couldn't keep the smile from forming on my face.

"You know what this means right?" I exclaimed, "We have more than enough to help you! Isn't this great?"

Gaege was silent for a moment before kissing me, taking me by surprise. "Marry me," I suddenly heard him say, "I know we don't have a ring right now or we dont own our own house and we've never discussed it before or-"

I chuckled, finding his rambling rather adorable. "Yes," I answered, meeting his eyes with a wide smile, "Yes! Of course!"

Gaege's eyes widened before he broke into a beaming smile, "Really?"

"Gaege, read my mind if you have to! I love you, and nothing is changing that." I scooped him into a hug, making him giggle in my arms. "I love you too," Gaege replied, kissing me softly for a few more minutes.