Chapter 3: Secret Abilities

A/N: Sry for the kinda late post, I had a tonn of tests this week and been super busy lately (prob failed half my tests but whatevs) Ok enough about me and enjoy

Gaege's (Juicy's) POV
I groaned, already feeling a headache beginning to form. I sat up from my bed, knowing that I had plans with the boys later. I was supposed to meet up for dinner with them, but the throbbing headache made me wonder if I should rest for the day.

I got up anyway, not wanting to cancel plans out of nowhere with the boys. As I was walking to my kitchen for some pop tarts, I heard voices outside my door. I couldn't recognize who they were or what they were talking about.

"Shit, I'm going to be late for work," The voice of a lady came from outside my door, "I knew I shouldn't have gone out with my friends last night..." The voice faded away, but I figured she was on the phone with someone.

I shrugged, too tired to care or make sense of anything. I checked my phone, making sure I wasn't missing any texts from my friends.
That's when I heard something move behind me, and I froze. I turned around, taking a bite out of my pop tart before stopping.

My coffee mug was no longer on the table where I had placed it. I looked around, trying to remember if I had accidentally put the mug somewhere else.
Sure enough, the coffee mug was across the kitchen and in the sink. I scratched my head, putting my phone down.

I carefully picked up my coffee mug, inspecting it as I tried to make sense of it. There was no way I forgot to make coffee this morning. I clearly remembered making some, or was I going insane?

I then realized someone was talking next door, and I think it was Eddie. I knew I shouldn't have listened in on his conversation, but I couldn't help it.

"Ugh, I have to record and find an editor now that my old one left," He was saying, making me raise an eyebrow, "Fuck, I'm so stressed. I wish I could find a stress-reliever but I guess I'll just deal with it alone..."

His apartment door was opening, and I could suddenly sense what he was doing. A jingling of keys as he opened his door, a sigh escaping his lips as he shook his head. How did I know all this from inside my apartment?

I suddenly couldn't stop myself from swinging my door open, gasping when I actually saw Eddie outside.
"Ah!" He jumped, putting a hand to his chest, "Gaege! Sorry, I didn't know you were still here." I couldn't believe it. I didn't actually think he would be outside. How did I know then? It seemed unnatural, something I was never able to tell before.

"You sounded stressed earlier," I said to him, remembering the conversation he was having earlier, "Is everything alright?" Eddie raised an eyebrow, staring at me for a few seconds before answering, "What? Yeah, everything is fine."

I scratched my head, still confused and embarrassed all at once. "Uh, well, I'm planning on eating with some friends later," I offered, hoping I could make him feel better, "Do you want to come? I'm sure they won't mind." Eddie looked away shyly, "Oh, no, I don't want to bother you all..." I shook my head, "I think they'll love to meet you."

Eddie paused for a few seconds before agreeing, "Alright then. What time are you all meeting?" I smile, "Six thirty. I'll see you there."

**Time skip**

My friends and I sat around the table, eating and enjoying ourselves. I was still waiting on Eddie, biting my lip and hoping he would show up. He was already ten minutes late.

It was until he walked through the door that I couldn't get my eyes off him. He wasn't wearing his usual sweatpants and regular t-shirts anymore. He had on a collared t-shirt and black pants, and I felt my cheeks instantly turn red.

"Sorry, I'm so late," Eddie rubbed the back of his neck as he approached our table, "Had some last minute things before this." I smiled, "No problem dude." I introduced him to all my friends, who thankfully, greeted him with big smiles. "Nice to meet you!"

All my friends said as Eddie took a seat beside me.
As we began to eat, my mind began to wander towards the T.V. Someone switched the channel to the news broadcast, and I was about to lose interest until the news anchor caught my attention.

"Mysterious 'mind-readers' are proven to be spotted around the city," The news anchor was saying, "Yes, you heard me right, news readers! As crazy as it sounds, recent crimes have indicated an interesting ability that was inherited by only a few individuals..."

"Juicy?" Eddie then asks me, peering at the T.V, "What you looking at?" I snapped my attention back to him, shaking my head. "What? Oh, nothing. Just wanting to see the news..."

But something about what the news anchor said intrigued me. Mind readers he says? Huh, must be some kind of crazy story.