Chapter 15: Marriage

Eddie's POV
"Hey! I haven't seen you in a while! How are you?"

I looked at her with a sad expression, seeing her face fall when she saw me. "What's wrong?" Gabby asked me, her blue eyes scanning my face with worry, "Why are you so sad?"

"Come in," I merely said grimly, "I have a lot of things to tell you." Gabby stared at me for a few seconds before agreeing.  Gabby sat down beside me on the couch, leaning in a little too close for me. I ignored it, however, sighing as I began to explain to her.

"I did something really, really stupid," I avoided her eyes, resting my head on my hand as I spoke to her, "Something I regret."

Gabby raised an eyebrow, "What happened?" I hesitated, suddenly unsure of how to answer her without seeming crazy. "Let's just say I messed up with a friend," I answered, pressing my lips into a line, "It's a long story."

Gabby frowned, "Let me guess. Gaege." I paused, opening my mouth to say something before closing it again. "Ah, so it is him," Gabby put a hand on my shoulder, "It's okay. I'm here now."

Her blue eyes met mine, and I felt tears forming in my eyes. "Aw, Eddie," Gabby put her arm around my shoulder, "I'm sure everything will work out..."

I buried my face in my hands, shaking my head. "I'm fine," I pull away, gently taking her arm off me, "I'm going to make it up to him."

Gabby looked away, and I couldn't tell what she was thinking. I then remembered what Gaege mentioned about her threats. Before I could say anything, she then responded, "You know, I actually have something to tell you as well."

I raised an eyebrow, "What is it?" Gabby was silent for a few seconds before saying, "It's about our relationship."

"Relationship?" I crossed my arms before saying slowly, "We don't have a relationship."

"I know, I know," Gabby placed a hand on my arm gently, "But listen. I know you might think it's unfair or-"

"Unfair?" I pushed her hand off me, standing up before she could continue, "You threatened Gaege!" Gabby's eyes widened for a second before saying, "I... I don't know what you're talking about."

"Cut the bullshit!" I pointed an accusing finger at her, "Gaege told me everything. You don't want me falling in love with him. Well, it's too late. I already made up my mind!"

She put a hand on her chest, clearly offended by what I said. "Gaege is crazy!" She stood up in front of me as her voice raised, "He thinks he can just waltz in here and steal everything!"

"You were the one that told him to stay away from me!" I shouted, jabbing a finger at her, "How do you think I feel?" Gabby crossed her arms, "I'm only trying to protect you, Eddie!"

"No, you only want to marry me!" I then exclaimed, "Just like my parents!" Gabby shook her head, furrowing her eyebrows at me, "Who was the one that supported you when you made your channel? Who was the one that paid for equipment so you could make videos? Who was the one that found this apartment before you went homeless?" Gabby confronted me, taking a step forward with every sentence, "It wasn't Gaege, I'll tell you that much. And it wasn't any other damn girl either!"

I stared at her desperate face in shock, realizing how much she had been keeping back until now. I would've hugged her, but the hot fury between us kept me away. Tears were forming in her soft blue eyes, and I suddenly felt sorry for her. I hadn't realized how much she had done for me until then.

"I did all that for you while I had my own shit to deal with!" Her voice shook, "And you decide to repay me by disregarding me like a worthless piece of shit!"

Silence rang through our apartment, leaving me speechless. I was still angry with how she treated Gaege, but I didn't hate her. Although I didn't want to marry her either.

"Gabby..." I said quietly before she shook her head.

"I care about you, Eddie," She sighs, saying softly, "And I'm worried about you. Ever since you met Gaege, you haven't been yourself. I'll keep you safe, your parents will be happy, and you won't have to keep worrying about paying bills or trying to put food on the table."

I knew she was right, and I looked at the floor. It seemed like ages ago since the last time I wasn't stressed about money or losing everything. Gabby had a stable job, a home, everything I ever wanted.

"We can work together," Gabby gently put a hand on my cheek, "And even if you won't marry me, at least come live with me for a bit like I offered before. That way, you won't be living in this filthy apartment anymore."

I met her eyes sadly, seeing her flash me a comforting grin. We stared at each other for a few seconds, almost enough to convince me. Although I couldn't bring myself to say yes.

"No, Gabby," I step away from her, "You deserve much, much better than me."

"What?" Gabby shook her head, reaching her out gently towards me, "No, but I-"

"Leave," I tell her, keeping a serious expression on my face, "I'm not going to marry you. I love Gaege, and that's not changing. You deserve someone who cares about you and isn't such a fuck up like me."

Gabby's face slowly fell, but she nodded nevertheless. "Okay..." She turned around, slowly heading out the door as I watched her leave.

"One more thing," Gabby glanced over her shoulder before leaving, "Good luck telling your parents and fans that you love Gaege instead of me."

She shut the door behind her, and I was alone for a few seconds. I tried to contain the tears forming in my eyes, but I couldn't hold them in anymore.