Chapter 6: Powers

A/N: Back at it with another chapter peeps :) Hope you enjoy

Gaege's (Juicy's) POV
I stared intensely at the cup in front of me, focusing on keeping my eyes glued to the smooth, white glass. There was no way anything could break my attention now. Nothing that could...

The cup slowly lifted from the table, shakily and very hard to control. I gritted my teeth, not daring to break my invisible grasp on it.

I suddenly heard the microwave go off, and I jolted. With a sickening crash, the cup fell to the ground, making me wince. "Well, that didn't go well..." I muttered, staring at the broken pieces of glass with a frown.

I got my food from the microwave, sighing since I couldn't lift the cup any higher. Ever since I found out I had some kind of superpowers, I had been trying to find out how to use them. Although, it was very hard when I didn't know exactly what those superpowers were or how I even got them. The only thing I could do was barely lift objects.

My phone then went off on the kitchen counter as I began to clean up the broken cup with a broom, setting the dustpan down as I checked my phone. I got a text from Eddie, remembering we were supposed to hang out later.

"Hey, Juice! Are we still meeting up at my place?"
I stared at the text message, feeling my heart skip a beat. It was going to be the first time Eddie and I will hang out, alone, in his house. I suddenly remembered Gabby's threat from before, feeling my hands shake when I thought back to the look in her eyes as she warned me to stay away from Eddie.

I smirked, muttering to myself, "Gabby can't tell me what to fucking do." I began typing my message despite the lingering nervousness in the back of my head.

"Sure! I'll be there later this afternoon! :)"

"Okay, see you later!"

I smiled to myself, wondering what I should wear. It had to be extra special for Eddie. There was no way I wouldn't take advantage of this opportunity...

My eyes trailed over to the broken mug on the ground again, another idea popping into my head.

**Time skip to later that day...** (Still Juicy's POV)

(Text messages on the boys group chat)
Mully: Guys, I think Juicy is getting a new bf!

Josh: No way, are you serious?

Narrator: Let me guess, it's the new guy, Eddie?

Juicy: What the hell are you guys talking about? We're friends!

Mully: Sure that's what they all say. Why are you getting so defensive juicebox?

Juicy: Shut up! I'm putting you guys on silent I swear

Narrator: He didn't deny he was heading to Eddie's tho

I stared down at my phone and rolled my eyes, shoving the phone in my pocket even if it was still vibrating from their messages. I took a deep breath as I stood outside Eddie's apartment, fixing the collar of my black shirt. I was surprisingly very nervous about seeing him, but I knocked nevertheless.

He opened it in a matter of seconds, meeting my eyes with a bright smile. "Hey, Gaege!" He pulled me in for a friendly hug, "Glad you can show up." I couldn't help but blush at the light contact if his arms around my shoulders.

He led me over to the living room, and I gasped when I saw what he had set up for me. There were candles lit all around the living room, and they smelled like vanilla. There were blankets on the couch and a movie was on the TV. Popcorn, soda, and candy were piled on the table in the middle, and I realized that some of them were my favorites.

"Oh my gosh, this place looks amazing!" I turned to Eddie, "You didn't have to do all this for me..."

"No, I wanted to make it more... special," Eddie grinned, clearing his throat nervously, "Might as well go all out, right?"

I smiled, feeling a blush creep into my cheeks. We sat down on the couch, deciding which movie to pick. Eventually, he dimmed the lights so only the candles were glowing. I noticed his hand was inches from mine, but I couldn't bring myself to grab it.

I remembered the idea I had from earlier, knowing it was a risk to try it. I looked at Eddie, whose eyes were focused on the movie, and closed my eyes. I reached for some kind of thought, something that I could grasp that could give me some kind of him to what he was feeling at that moment. I focused intensely when I suddenly heard something.

"Oh, I'm so nervous..." I could hear Eddie's thoughts, and I tried to focus on them, "What does he think so far? He must think I'm weird or something. Shit, I knew I shouldn't have done all this..."

I furrowed my eyebrows, wondering what he could mean. I was about to do more until I heard him say, "Yo, are you alright?" He asks me, making me snap my eyes open. I froze, seeing his confused expression.

"I'm... I'm fine," I stutter, looking away nervously, "I was just... resting my eyes." He looked at me for a few more seconds, and I knew I had to change the subject.

"You look worried," I touched his cheek gently, noticing the wrinkles under his eyes, "Are you sure you're okay?" Eddie looked surprised that I had touched him, and I shyly put my hand down as he sighed.

"Well..." Eddie began to say, "I actually called you to get my mind off things..." I waited for him to say more, and he looked at me sadly.

"You can tell me," I smile, "Don't worry, I'm basically a counselor with this type of stuff." Eddie chuckled a little before saying, "It's actually..."

"It's actually about my relationship with Gabby."

A/N: This will prob be the last chapter for this week since I'm going to Dallas, so I'll be off for a bit! And what better way to end than with a cliffhanger? Lol ok, the cliffhanger wasn't intentional, but it just ended up like that🤷‍♀️ Wanted to thank you all so so much for all the support across all my books this year and have a very merry Christmas! ❤️❤️