Chapter 17: Lost and Found

Eddie's POV
I snapped my eyes open, realizing there was a knock on the door. I couldn't remember how long I had been lying on my couch.

Another knock. This time a little more urgent.

"Eddie? Are you all right in there?"

I looked over at the empty bottle of beer thrown to the side, weakly reaching for it. There wasn't a single drop left. I groaned and stood up, trying to gain my bearings. I stumbled over to the door, stopping as I saw my reflection in a mirror. My eyes were red and puffy, and I realized dry tear stains were on my cheeks. My ponytail was a mess and I hadn't shaved in days. Even the bags under my eyes looked like shit. With a long sigh, I opened the front door, only to be met with the other boys.

"Hey, Eddie we came to check on you-" Josh told me, gasping as he looked up at my face, "What the hell happened to you? Are you alright?"

I was silent for a few moments before looking away, not entirely knowing what to say. "I'm fine," I lied, muttering as I let the other boys in, "You can come inside if you want."

The boys walked in, and I saw Narrator glance over his shoulder at me. I ignored his worried look, hoping the other boys wouldn't see the empty glass bottles of alcohol I had thrown to the side.

"Look, clearly we need to talk about Juicy," Mully said to us as we gathered around the couch, "We need to do something before he's gone."

"Don't say that," Narrator crossed his arms, "We'll find him. We just need a lead on where they took him."

Josh opened his laptop and began typing. "Let's try and think of all the places that they could have possibly took him," Josh told us, his blue eyes focusing on the bright screen, "Any ideas?" We were silent for a few moments, and I suddenly found myself zoning out.

"Help! He's trying to kill me!" The way his terrified, hazel eyes looked at me like I was a monster. The way he tried to step back when I approached him. My confusion quickly turning to shock as I realized he was a mind reader.

My eyes were beginning to tear up as the voices of the other boys faded.

"Juicy! Wait! Please, come back!"  My legs burning as I desperately ran after him, only to have him taken away in a matter of seconds. I still had scratches on my knees from when my legs hit the hard, rocky road.

I then thought for a few seconds, realizing those scratches weren't from the road. It was when Gaege's powers blew me back. How did I not remember? I lifted my hand up to the side of my head, skimming my fingers over the small cut. I had crashed into the table before lifting my head up to see him in horror.

"Who are you?"

"Eddie!" Mully's sudden voice made me jump, yanking me back into reality. "Are you sure you're okay?"

Narrator furrowed his eyebrows in concern, "We're here if you need to talk." I was silent for a few moments, and my lips then parted in shock.

"Wait, I got it," I quickly rushed to the laptop, making Josh raise an eyebrow, "I think I know how we can find him." My fingers had never typed so fast as I searched. The other boys glanced at each other, but I didn't care.

"There," I pointed to the county jail, "If there's anywhere they will take him, it's there." The other boys crowded around the screen and Josh cocked his head to the side, "The county jail?"

"Yeah!" I pointed to the picture of it, "The last thing I remember is Juicy's powers going crazy when his emotions were all over the place. That's one of the things the people who kidnapped him warned me about."

"And...?" Mully said behind me, his voice trailing off as my eyes darted across the screen.

"And," I added, recollecting my thoughts and silently hoping the other boys wouldn't think I was crazy. "There has been power outages going on in that area. I saw it on the news."

Narrator put a hand on my shoulder, "But are you sure they will take him there? Doesn't it seem a bit obvious?"

"But who would search a county jail?" I crossed my arms, "If there's anything I know for sure, it's no one cares about anyone who's behind those bars. Trust me."

The other boys were silent for a moment until Josh nodded. "We trust you," He answered, closing his laptop, "So, who wants to drive?"

"Wait, we're leaving now?" Narrator asked, "Shouldn't we have a plan?" I put a hand on his shoulder, "I got it. Come on, I'll explain to you guys on the way."

I grabbed my keys from off the counter, feeling better than I had in weeks. Although the nervous, churning feeling buried in my stomach was beginning to strengthen, but I knew I had to stay focused. This was for Gaege. Even if he hated me at the moment.

A/N: Wrote this on the way back from an two hour-long trip on the bus from a basketball game. Hope you all enjoyed and have had a good week so far :) Much love <3