Chapter 12: Out of Control

Gaege's (Juicy's) POV
"Ughh, what the hell?" I clutched at the sides of my head until my knuckles turned white. A sharp ringing pierced my ears, and I didn't know what was happening.

A glass frame beside me began to shake uncontrollably, but I knew it was my uncontrollable powers. My whirlwind of emotions was causing my powers to go haywire. I grabbed it before it could shatter to the ground, only to be met with a sharp stabbing on the side of my head. I collapsed on the bed, the only thing I could focus on was the messages on Eddie's phone.

I forced myself to stand, still unable to shake the throbbing pain in my head. It felt as if needles were being stabbed into my brain. Needles that I couldn't remove.

My hands were shaky as I forced myself out the door and downstairs where I could hear the rest of the boys still celebrating. They all had drinks in their hands, and they were about to toast drinks until they saw me. "Oh, Gaege! You're back!" Mully slapped my back, making me lose my balance a little. "Woah, you good, mate?" Josh asks, raising an eyebrow when he sees my pale face.

They all look at me for an answer, and Eddie's eyes flickered to me from across the room. He still has his phone in his pocket. I swallowed a lump in my throat, shoving my hands in my pockets so the other boys wouldn't see them trembling. "I-I'm fine..." I manage to say, "Don't worry." They all continue without any more questions, but Eddie was peering at me from across the living room. He comes towards me, but I took a cautious step back.

"Woah, what's wrong?" Eddie cups my cheek in his palm, leaning in to kiss me, but my eyes widen. I pull away instinctively, suddenly terrified of him. Eddie stared at me in shock, and I shook my head. "Get the hell away from me," I furrow my eyebrows, taking another step back, "I know what you're doing."

The other three boys' attention was on us now, but Eddie seemed confused by what I was talking about. "Gaege..." Eddie glanced at the boys before saying lowly, "Can we please talk this out in private later?"

"No, Eddie!" I yank my arm away when he tried to grab me again, backing into a wall, "Get away from me!" Tears, that I didn't even know were there, were beginning to form in my eyes, causing Eddie to part his lips in shock.

"I don't know what you're talking about!" Eddie put his hands up, and I couldn't tell if he was lying or not. "Eddie? Juicy? What's happening-" Narrator was about to ask before I pointed at Eddie with an accusing finger.

"Get away from him boys! He's trying to kill me!" I yelled, tears leaking from eyes.

Eddie's face then froze when he processed my words, almost as if the realization hit him like a huge wave of surprise. "Oh shit," Eddie said under his breath, his eyes meeting mine, "You're a- You're a... mind reader?!"

I then screamed, feeling another large stab of pain in my head again. I fell to the ground, squeezing my eyes shut as the other boys rushed to me.

"What the hell is going on?!" Mully yelled to Eddie, but his voice seemed distant. The only thing I could hear was the ringing again, no longer able to contain the crazy and indescribable power pushing it's way out of me. The lights started flickering and the whole house began to shake, and the boys yelled. "Gaege, what are you doing?!" Josh exclaimed, grabbing onto Narrator and trying to gain his balance. "I don't know!" I yelled, "Help me!"

With a shout, I suddenly felt power burst from me, the impact causing the other boys to fly back. My heart was racing uncontrollably, threatening to leap out my chest if I didn't stop. My hands and legs were shaking uncontrollably, and I buried my face in my hands.

And as quickly as it came, the power subsided again. I lifted my teary-stained faced from my hands, only to be met with complete destruction. The couch, table, vases, everything, was broken like a hurricane swept everything away.

And in the center of it all was... me.

The boys stared at me in horror, but Eddie was the only one who seemed to understand what was happening. He lifted his head with a groan, clutching at his side where he had collided with the table. He had blood spilling from a scratch in the side of his head, but the only thing he could focus on was me.

His eyes met mine with a terrified expression, and the last thing I heard him say was, "Who are you?"

I quickly got up and ran before he could stand, racing out the front door in a tornado of panic and fear. Thunder sounded outside, and the sky was dark and cloudy. Buckets of rain began pouring down, but I didn't dare look back.

My heart raced as I continued to run, not daring to look back. Tears filled my eyes, and I wiped them away with my sleeve.

I stumbled as I hurried somewhere, anywhere, that was safe. Fear and confusion bubbled in my chest, but I couldn't think about it now. How could Eddie have done this to me? Why would he even agree to do something like that?

"Juicy!" He yelled desperately after me, "Wait!" It was a lie. I knew he was lying. He had to be.

The cold rain and wind went against me, soaking my clothes and hair. Thunder and lightning struck in the distance, and the only thing giving me light were the street lamps.

My legs were burning and I couldn't stop the waterfall of tears falling from my eyes. My heart was broken. After all this time, why did I even trust Eddie? How could he do this to me? His voice was calling and screaming at me to look back, but I didn't. I couldn't trust him. Not after what he'd just done.

I suddenly saw a black van swerve in front of me, almost knocking me off my feet. I realized that the driver was staring into my soul, and I knew I was in trouble. I screamed when someone grabbed me from behind, struggling to fight my way out.

"You're coming with us," A cold voice said to me, his hand clamping over my mouth, muffling my cry of help. Something knocked into the side of my head, and everything went dark.