Chapter 2: Youtubers

Gaege's (Juicy's) POV
I laughed and talked with my friends, and the boys were yelling as we all recorded. "Get away from ROBERT!" I yelled at the top of my lungs, my face turning red as I screamed, "GET AWAY FROM MY CHILDDD!"

"Juicy, no one gives a fuck about Robert!" Mully argued, and I turned towards him. "Mully you shut the fuck up!" I pretended to punch the air, but suddenly my fist actually made contact with something.

"Ow, fuck!" I yelled, taking off my VR headset to see what the hell I had hit. The coffee mug on my desk fell, crashing to the tiles and spilling coffee everywhere. The sound of glass shattering filled the apartment, and I flinched when I heard it.

"What the fuck was that?" I heard Josh say through my headset.

"Um, guys?" I took a step back from the scene, clutching the headset in my hands. "I broke my fucking coffee mug." I heard Mully's laughter through the headset, and Narrator asked, "Are you okay?"

"Yeah dude, I'm fine." I sighed as I rubbed the spot on my knuckles with a grimace. "But now I'm going to have to clean this mess up."

"It's fine, we have enough footage anyway," Josh said as I put my headset back on."We'll record tomorrow evening, okay?" We all agreed and logged off, and I took my headset off with a frown.

"Now I have to clean this up..." I put my VR headset down and stopped recording. I grabbed paper towels and started to clean up the mess even if I was too lazy too.

I then heard a knock on the door as I walked to the kitchen, wondering who it could be. I quickly disposed of the soggy, brown paper towels with a gag before dusting my hands. When I opened the door, I was met with Eddie, who almost caused me to hang my mouth open in surprise.

"Oh! Um, hey Eddie..." I became self-conscious of how bad I looked at the moment, and I fixed my hair nervously. The grey sweatpants I hadn't washed suddenly didn't seem as comfortable as I initially thought. "I, uh, didn't expect you to show up!"

"Sorry, I just heard a lot of noise from my room..."His eyes trailed over my pajamas and worn face, and he chuckled, "You look amazing by the way." I knew he was joking, but I still blushed from embarrassment nevertheless. I looked away for a moment, knowing he looked much better than I did.

His hair was pulled back into a sleek ponytail, and his red bandana pushed the hair out of his face. His dark eyes were cheery and warm, and his airy chuckle was enough to drive anyone crazy.

"Not so bad yourself," I said casually, leaning against the doorframe. Eddie flashed me a teasing smirk for a few seconds before pausing. I could've sworn his eyes flashed down to my sweatpants then back up before continuing, "Well, I just wanted to know if everything was okay. All I heard was shouting and something breaking."

"Oh that...'' I rubbed the back of my neck, glancing back at the trash full of saggy paper towels. "I was just online with some friends... We're really loud sometimes."

"Really? Do you say 'like and subscribe' to them too?" Eddie raised an eyebrow, making me laugh nervously.

"Um, yeah..." I was always embarrassed by the fact that I was a Youtuber for a living, and I didn't want Eddie to think I was weird, especially since we just met a few weeks ago.

"Look, you don't have to be embarrassed," Eddie then smiled, patting his chest. "I'm a Youtuber as well!"

"Really??" I shook my head in shock. "I've never met another Youtuber who lived right next door to me!"

"Yeah, dude! How about we collab sometime?" Eddie then offered, shrugging a shoulder, "I'm free whenever you like."

I smiled, happy that I found something in common with him. "Sure!" I answered, "How about later tonight?" Eddie nodded, "Sure. I'll see you then."
He threw one more smile at me before closing the door, and I felt my cheeks grow hot again. What was happening? Why was I reacting so shyly and getting all nervous?

I then remembered the broken coffee mug in my office, and I pushed those thoughts away.

** Time Skip cause I'm lazyy **

"Yo, Eddie!" I smile, moving my character on the screen, "What's up dude?" Eddie's character on my computer jumped as he said, "Ayy! What are we doing today, Juice?"

"We're playing Super Bunny Man," I chuckled, "A very weird game I found on steam." Eddie laughed, "It can't be that bad right?" I shook my head, glancing up at the camera, "No, like it gets very weird."

"Well, I like weird," Eddie answered, starting the game. We laughed and played together for a few hours, enjoying our time together. "AHH!" I yelled, seeing my bunny fly off the screen as I died with laughter. I hadn't had this much fun in such a long time. I couldn't even breathe as me and Eddie cried of laughter.

We ended the recording a few minutes later, and I still had tears in my eyes from how much I was laughing. "That was so fucking funny!" I told Eddie.

"That was one of the best recordings I have ever done," Eddie smiled through discord, "We definitely have to hang out more often."

I felt myself blush a little without realizing it. The way he was smiling at me was a face I had never seen him make before. A few strands of dark hair fell on his face, and I looked away before he could catch me staring.

With my face still red, I said goodnight to him before logging off. The butterflies in my stomach made me question what the hell was going on. There was no way I liked Eddie... right? It wasn't possible. We just met only a few weeks ago.

"No, Gaege, remember your last relationship..." I frowned as I muttered to myself, "You're not ready for another one so quickly..." I hugged my arms, trying to stop my heart from aching at the thought of my last girlfriend. She was mean and manipulative, and I was too scared to open up again. What if Eddie turns out the way she did? He was very nice and extremely good-looking, but that doesn't mean he can turn on me at any second.

Although the thought of him in my mind again made my heart skip a beat. There was no way I liked him. There was no way.

A/n: Thanks for the support so far on this book and my others ofc :) Love you all and have a good day!