Chapter 18: The Leader

Gaege's (Juicy's) POV
"Let go of me!" I screamed, struggling against the chains curled around my wrists, "Let go!" I winced as I felt the chains scratch my pale skin, gritting my teeth in pain. Sweat was forming in small beads on my forehead as breathed heavily.

The sound of the doors opening made me snap my head up, clenching my jaw at the person in front of me. "Ah, glad to know you're alive," A man dressed in dark clothing said to me, "I was hoping you'd be awake by now."

I was silent, only glaring at the smug look in his face. "Nothing? Not even an insult?" The man chuckled, "You keep surprising me time and time again, huh?" I avoided his eyes, resisting the urge to shout at him to let me free.

"That's not why I came here, however," The man approached me slowly, making me cower a little, "I actually really like you Gaege." I grimaced when he said my real name, not daring to meet his dark, sinister eyes.

"You... stand out to me," The man continued, studying my face carefully, "You're different, more unique than the others. More than you realize."

"You turned him against me," I said under my breath as small strands of hair fell onto my face, "You took everything from me."

He was silent for a few moments before saying, "Ah, you must be speaking about Eduardo."

"Don't... Say his name," I gritted my teeth as my hands clenched into fists, "You don't deserve to."

The man chuckled again, and I never wanted to punch someone in the face more than ever. "I'm truly sorry about that. I had no idea he was so special to you," The man said cooly, "But that man was lying to you. He was not as good as he seemed. Why do you think he ended up going bankrupt?"

I shook my head, closing my eyes as I tried to block out his voice. "He had no job, he had alcohol problems, and got in trouble with the law." He continued as I felt the world stop, "Do you really think he could provide for you? Treat you fairly and give you everything in the world like you deserve? Don't be so naive, Gaege."

I gritted my teeth when he said my name again. My knuckles were turning white from clenching my fists so hard, desperately trying so hard to hang on to the truth that was slipping away from me. Eddie would never do something like that. He had always been nice to me, even if he had his fair share of problems.

Although he had betrayed me. Used me to get what he wanted.

"I can set you free right now," The man dangled a key in front of my face, "We can keep you safe. You don't have to suffer like the others, and we won't ever let that man hurt you ever again." I was silent for a few moments, the thought of being free racing through my mind. "Just promise me one thing," The man took a step closer, facing me eye to eye as his voice dropped, "That you won't ever look back. You can help us save the world, Gaege. Imagine what your power can do! Save lives, stop war, so much potential! What do you say?"

My wide, hazel eyes met his dark, serious ones, and I didn't know what to say. The thought of accomplishing something for once intrigued me. And did I really wanted to go back to my old life? Where I kept getting heartbroken, always stressed about making videos, and having to pay bills all the time?
The thought of my friends crossed my mind, and I didn't want them to get hurt. If I didn't take the offer, they could be thrown behind bars just like me. And me... Well, I'd be dead or transported across the country.

But I remembered the way my friends and I were always together. The way we smiled, enjoyed our company, and always stuck out for each other. Did I really want to leave them behind? I didn't want to fall into the same trap that Eddie did with me.

"No," I answered boldly, gathering up all the courage I had left within me, "I'm not going to follow your stupid organization. I don't care what you do to me, but I'll will never help you."

He suddenly pulled a gun out from his jacket, and I gasped. He pointed it straight to my head, pressing the cold pistol to my skin. My whole body froze on the spot, and I couldn't breathe. "You help us and you won't get a bullet to your head," The man said coldly, loading the gun with a soft click, "And don't think I'm afraid of pulling the trigger."

I hesitated, parting my lips to say something but couldn't. Even though my heart was beating a million miles an hour, I still frowned. "Do it," I told him, not daring to break eye contact with him, "I have nothing to live for anymore."

The man was silent for a moment, scanning my face for some sort of fear. But I had none.

We suddenly heard a loud crash from outside, cause the man to snap his head in its direction. Guns firing followed it, and his face became furious.

He whipped the butt of the gun against the side of my head, causing my ears to ring and vision to grow blurry as I cried out in pain. He pulled my hair back, making me look up at him weakly. "I'm coming for you Gaege Gibson," He clenched his jaw, "Don't think this will let you get away so easily."

I dropped my head weakly, no longer able to keep my eyes open.

A/N: Thanks for all the amazing support so far, you all are truly amazing! I can't thank you enough and hope you have a wonderful rest of your night :)