Chapter 23

Right now I'm in my office along with Romello and we're here with a bunch of our business partners having a meeting about whatever I don't remember because I wasn't listening

Right now I'm in my office along with Romello and we're here with a bunch of our business partners having a meeting about whatever I don't remember because I wasn't listening. It's fine though since Romello is leading the meeting and I can just get him to just tell me the bits that I missed out on.

I mean I'm glad that no one's called me out because I'm fully out of it which is many of the reasons is if Romello wasn't the one leading the meeting I'd be fucked. I check my watch and I see that it's now approaching 2pm so lunch is about to start. Well thank fuck because I'm absolutely starving but it also means the closer it gets to the time that I finally get to see my girl.

I haven't really heard from her all day, i guess she's been busy so I didn't want to distract her I also remembered that she has work after.

I'm snapped out of my thoughts when I hear chairs scrape against the floor, I fucking hate that sound. I look up and I see that the meeting has ended and people are now leaving, I stay seated and stay behind with Romello so he can tell me what the meeting was about again.

The last person leaves the room and the door shuts, Romello takes a seat beside me sighing "You didn't listen to a word that was said did you?" He asks slightly annoyed.

I turn to him "Nope." I say simply and he just sighs and leans back in the chair.

"Well I'm going to have to fill you in later my mouth is dry from all that talking." He says. "Alright it's going to be lunch time soon, do you want to leave earlier to get some food?" I ask him and he nods and gets up.

I get up and reach behind to get my coat from the back of my chair, i save the little work that I did on my laptop and closed it and grabbed my keys. "Do you want to leave your laptop in my office?" I ask Romello and he nods and we leave the meeting room.

We arrive at my floor and the receptionist lady sees me and says "Hello Mr King I-i hope the meeting went well." She says stuttering a bit and I could see her face blush a little. "The meeting was great uhm-", "Cassie." She says interrupting Romello and he nods "Well okay we'll be on our way now Cassie." I say turning around and walking to my office door.

I unlock the office door and step inside. I walk to my desk and put my laptop down on it and Rome does the same, As Rome puts his laptop down he walks back out of the room. After I've gotten my stuff together I go and meet Romello.

When I step outside to find him he's leaning against the wall and typing on his phone, my eyebrows furrow when I see Cassie? Near him chatting her mouth off and him just not even paying attention to her and ignoring what she was saying. She is a bit way too close to him though. She was about to put her arm on him but I quickly walked up to them and stopped her before she could touch him "Alright I'm ready to go Romello." I say and she immediately put her arm back down.

Romello looks up and pulls away from the wall "Wow took you long enough." He says rolling his eyes "Man I was only in there for like 2 minutes, why are you in such a rush?" I ask him and he just shrugs "Let's just go." He says walking away and I follow behind him "Have a good lunch Mr King and Mr Black." Cassie says shouting from behind us "Okay Cassie." I say raising my arm up and giving her a backhand wave.

I finally catch up to Romello as he presses the button for the elevator. We wait for the doors to open and I let out a relieved sigh when I saw that the elevator was empty.

We step inside and wait for the doors to close I press the reception floor. Romello leans up against the wall "Man she was fuckin annoying." He says "Yeah tell me about it, I'm surprised you didn't tell her off with all that talking she was doing." I say "I had no energy to." He says chuckling.

"I just want my good girl for fucks sakes." He says groaning "Yeah I miss her too, but does that explain why you're so moody all day?" I ask him. He looks at me "I have not been moody, I just miss my baby." He says and I shrug and let it go.

The elevator dings and the doors open and we step out as we do I see one of our co workers and give I give them a simple nod. We leave the building and now I just remembered that I forgot where we parked.

***
I'm now driving to a place to eat and I come to red light, I check my phone in the holder and see that Ebony still hasn't said anything, no call, no text, no nothing. "Ebony still hasn't said anything yet." I say Romello turns his head to me and chuckles "You're so whipped man." He says, the light turns green and I start driving "Don't start that shit, you were just back there in the elevator saying that you miss her." I pause "And besides this is the longest she hasn't reached out to us." I say and he nods "Yeah that's a bit odd, but maybe she's at work now and is busy." He says and I nod my head.

"Plus when we get to this restaurant we can just call her, no big deal." He says.

I arrive at the place that we wanted to eat at and I went to go and find a place to park. We entered the restaurant/bistro and we did our business I don't need to go into detail, we ordered our food and got seated at a table.

About 5 minutes later our food comes and as soon as the waiter left my phone starts to ring in my pocket, I take it out and look at who's calling and I smile when I see my baby's name. I answer it and the smile on my face grows wider when I hear her sweet voice. "Hey Isaiah." She says "Hey my love, how are you? I was just about to call you." I say.

"Ahh, I'm alright." She says "How come me and Romello haven't heard from you until now? Is everything okay?" I ask "Yes I'm fine, I've just had a very busy day today and it just slipped my mind, I'm sorry. Is Romello there?" She asks, "Oh no it's okay my love and yes Romello is here I'll pass him the phone." I say I look up and look at Romello "Is that Ebony?" He asks and I nod.

He happily takes the phone from my hand "Hey sweetheart, you alright?" He asks and she responds with yes "How come you didn't call us until now my little baby?" He says pouting a little and I chuckle to myself and he calls me whipped.

"Ahh okay sweetheart, do you want us to come and pick you up after work?" He asks she replies with no and I guess he didn't like that answer "What do you mean no? It's going to be dark by the time you finish baby." He says and she responds with saying that she'll be fine. "Ah, ah no objections we'll be picking you up." He says "So why did you ask the question if you was going to pick me up anyway?" She asks with a little attitude in her voice "Ebony." He warns with a stern voice, "I-okay fne." She says giving up. "And my love don't scare us like that next time okay?" He says "Okay baby I won't." She says "Okay by sweetheart I'll see you later." He says "Byee." She says "Bye I love you baby." He says and ends the call.

***
It is now 4:30pm and me and Romello had just arrived at Ebony's workplace. We step out and i lock the car and we walk closer to the restaurant/cafe whatever you would like to call it.

I walk to the door feeling very happy because I'm about to see my girl but it immediately goes away when I see her with a guy very close to her laughing with each other and touching each other. It's clear that he fucking likes her and flirting with her.

I don't fucking like that and it looks like Romello doesn't either.

💚💚💚👀👀
Long chapter but it was to make up for being gone for so long.
Also do you guys like the enemy roommate trope?
Guys why tf does my media images at the top keep disappearing even after I save it?😤😤