Chapter Twenty Five

"Good morning." Yusuf mumbles awkwardly was he walk into the dinning area.

Huda raise her head as the voice rang inside her head giving him a quick glance before she went back to eating her food while she murmured. "Morning back." As what transpired between them last night flash through her mind.

She was startled at first when she open her eyes and saw his face few inch away from her with a smile that she couldn't figure out the meaning.

At first she thought she was dreaming cause she slept off thinking about Anwar who was with him, but it took her less than a minutes to figure out it wasn't a dream when his hand made contact with her cheeks and she blurt out the first word that came into her head without even thinking about it.

They held each other's shocking gaze for a moment before Yusuf eyes transfer to his hand with his thump still on her cheeks which made him to jump up dumbfounded as Huda also sat up while covering herself more with the comforter.

She watch as he turn to the other side while clearing his voice then quickly turn and face her while saying. "Goodnight." And storm out of the room.

"I still can't find it." Anwar announce coming into the dinning area which snaps Huda out of her thought.

"Find what?" Yusuf asked casually while dragging a chair to sit down as he took a sip of his tea.

"His bag for Islamiya." Huda reply with a deep frown while giving Anwar a quick glance whom sat next to Yusuf giving her his most innocence look.

"Maybe he left it there." Yusuf suggested finding the conversation interesting at least he wouldn't have to explain himself for yesterday.

"No..." Huda blurt out tilting her head to her son. "He simply hide it so he can follow you to the hospital."

Immediately she said the words Anwar turn grumpy as he press his lips together, sad that his plan has fail.

"You want to follow me to work?" Yusuf asked amuse as he transfer his gaze between the mother and son.

"Please..." Anwar begged, his gaze set on Yusuf with his best puppy eyes but instead Huda cut him with a deadpan. "No." While shaking her head, her face looking damn serious.

Yusuf analysis both the mother and son as he serve himself the fried potatoes with scrabble eggs. Normally, he doesn't eat break fast, but there is something about sitting here with Huda and Anwar from the last week which he just can't miss.

"You haven't giving me your hadda for the last three weeks and you think..."

"Ummie you where busy getting married." Anwar whined playing with his fork with his worried gaze set on his mother.

"If you did not shut your mouth."

"Just for today." Yusuf soft voice cut Huda off with his gaze set on her caughten her completely off guard.

Huda open her mouth with their eyes lock on and once again wasn't able to form a word. She close her eyes taking a deep breath, having his eyes fix on her is just clouding her judgment which made her to simply stood up picking her plate with her then walk into the kitchen knowing if she sat there she is going to give in to whatever this two are asking.

Both Yusuf and Anwar watch as she disappear into the kitchen pushing the door behind her which made Anwar to slump sadly on the chair.

"Can you please talk to her." Anwar begged turning to look at Yusuf with his pleading eyes.

"Why don't you want to go to Islamiya?" Yusuf ask while chewing his food.

"Am just tired." The boy whined with a sad smile on his face. "I need a day off. And I have already pass where we're at my class but they wouldn't let me go to the next class."