Chapter Eighteen

Dedicated to: MuntahaMuhideen Happy belated birthday dear. May Allah grant you all your heart desires.

                             ****

"I still don't understand why you hate the idea so bad." Sa'ad, Yusuf's immediate younger brother said while settling in on his bed with a laptop in front of him.

Yusuf just sighed in worry as he moves uncomfortable on his own bed which he sat relaxing his back on the headboard with his hands fold on her stomach.

"Or is it because she has a son before marriage?" Sa'ad asked again nonchalant as he continue typing on the keyboard.

It is? Yusuf asked himself. He knew that ever since he met her, and about her having a son...

"Things happens you know..." Sa'ad continue cutting through his thoughts as he gave his brother a quick gaze.

"And it could happened to anyone. For all we know she could have being raped..."

"Or she gave it herself willingly" Yusuf blurt out for the first time since he sat down there.

Sa'ad took a minute gazing at his brother dumbfounded. He didn't sounds like Yusuf at all. Yusuf has always being non judgemental type and he believes deep down that's a reason why he is hanging out around her cause it can't be because of Anwar, Yusuf never liked kids in his life.

"You've seen her..." Sa'ad continue calmly. "You've spend sometimes with her..." He trailed off going back to his work. "I believe you know what type of person she is."

Yusuf took a deep breath in frustration. "That's not it Sa'ad. I never judge Huda about her choice and that's entirely not the point".

"Then what is the point?"  Sa'ad asked fixing his eyes on his brother.

"She has being used her entire life by people to get something from her parents..." Yusuf explain bitterly. The last thing he needs is for Huda to think that he is also using her cause he remember clearly how miserable she told he she was then.

"So you're afraid that she will think the same of you..." Sa'ad asked surprise by the turn of evens cause that's not what he was thinking at all when he started this topic.

"Exactly!" Yusuf blurt out a bit dramatic, pointing his fingers to his brother before he drops them on his laps.

Sa'ad slowly nods his head looking back at his laptop then murmured "Interesting." Under his breath.

The place became silent again for a while before Sa'ad raised his gaze and set it on Yusuf then said. "You like her then".

Yusuf's blank face slowly turn and give Sa'ad confused gaze. He sat straight, dropping both his legs on the carpeted floor then tilt his head and ask. "Why did you say that?".

"Because that's exactly the way it seems to me and maybe to everyone else"

"You're wrong..." Yusuf interrupt getting a bit annoyed by Sa'ad's comment. "You all are wrong".

"Then why did you keep on hanging around her..."

Yusuf open his mouth, then press it back together as his gaze fixed on the carpeted floor directly in front if them.

"Coincidence..." He suddenly blurt out making Sa'ad to chuckles softly with a small smile on his face.

"Seriously?" Sa'ad asked amuse with a raised eye brows.

"Look..." Yusuf  interrupt getting impatient. He needs to settle this before he hears it from one of his siblings.

"Huda couldn't trust the people that where in attendance that day apart from me that's why she said that to get her ex and her parents to stop disturbing her..." He trails making sure that Sa'ad is understanding him.