Chapter Twenty Three

Huda stood by the mirror drafting a laffaya as a soft knock came on the door.

Her eyes quickly snap to the door through the mirror as her face stretched to a smile while putting the last piece hanging on her head. She then adjusted it to came down a little then look at herself through the mirror as her smile widen at the same time another knock softly came on the door.

Her smile only widen as she took a perfume that was carelessly put on the bed then press some near her neck and hands before she drop it and quickly run to the door, she stop again taking a deep breath to calm her raging heart and mask her face to a neutral expression before she open the door.

Yusuf was about to knock on the door again with his eyes fixed on his phone checking his schedule for next week when the door was open "Are you done. We...."

The rest of her voice disappear immediately his eyes made contact with her bright face before his nose welcomes the scent of her perfume and not to talk about how stunning she looks.

He tilt his head as he unintentionally drop his hand that was holding the phone while using his free hand to scratch the back of his head.

Huda took that moment to check him out. He was in English wears. A blue jeans, white and black strip shirt then blue jacket on top with a black cover shoe. He looks as handsome and graceful as always.

Huda quickly divert her eyes shyly when she was caught red handed starting at him. She hold the edge of her veil wishing the earth will swallow her.

"Em..." Yusuf started cutting the awkward silence between them. "If you're ready should we?" He asked gently with a soft smile on his face.

Huda quickly nod her head in return before she mumbles. "Yes. Am ready...."

"Alright. Should we..." Yusuf said taking a step away from the door while gesturing towards the stairs with his hand.

"Uhm Hhh..." She mumbles. "Let me just get my phone" Huda reply pointing her thump inside the room.

"Alright. I will be down." Yusuf said giving her a polite smile before he stride towards the stairs which is a bit far from the room she is currently using.

She inhale deeply before she turn to the room and directly walk to the bedside drawer where her phone is and picked it up then went back to the mirror and gave herself another look.

Taking a deep breath, she mumbles some prayers before she turn and leave the room closing the door behind her.

Huda stood and stares at the place. Which is just as she wants it, three medium console hang on the wall with a mirror at the middle. The first and last one has a scented candles of lavender and jasmine. Her favorite, neatly arranged on top while the middle one has a flower vase that also contain some flowers.

There are at least three doors on the hall way which made her to think maybe there are three rooms here.

When they brought her, she was taken to her room which is on the first floor, but they decided to use the empty rooms on the second floor, and she didn't get the chance to go back to her room after everyone left this morning.

Huda descend down to the stairs and come face to face to a wall mirror which is looking directly at the staircase also some few feats away from her room.

She also gaze around the giant hallaway which have only two doors directly opposite of each other. There is another console at the middle with a mirror hang above and some home decorations on the console table.

Huda just sighed as she continue down the stairs. She stop at the foot of the stairs with her hand on the banister taking a good look around the parlor cause that's the place she hasn't has the chance to see.