Chapter Twenty Four

Khalid shove another piece of clothe inside his box then turn back to his wardrobe and drag another set that's when the door of his room swing open which made Khalid to look at the place as Zara walk in holding a trey on her hand.

He watched as she walk ahead without giving him a single glance keeping the trey on the bedside drawer then picked the cup of tea on the saucer and approach him.

Khalid sighed as he stride and slump by the edge of the bed while dropping the piece of clothe he just picked up at the same time Zara stood in front of him while murmuring "Your tea." Deep under her breath.

Khalid fix his eyes on her toes as it slowly traveled and stop right at her stomach. She is 5 months pregnant now and the baby bump is already visible under her night gown.

"Are you still angry?" He asked with a straight voice without looking at her face.

Zara scoff then roll her eyes tiredly before answering with. "Do you seriously what to know."

Khalid sighed for the umpteenth times as he raise his head to her face and wasn't surprise when he found a deep frown on her face. "This is a good opportunity for me." Khalid pleaded softly.

"Yes..." Zara snap as she walk pass him then continue with. "To escape seeing Huda happy in her house. I get it."

Khalid's whole body immediately became numb by the mention of that name. He tried. He tried so hard to forget and pretend is all for the best.

But as the days pass by, he is only getting more frustrated and broken. He simply cannot just continue this life of torture knowing that she can never be his.

The whole world seems to be closing on on him. He can't breath properly knowing that he has lost her forever and he doesn't want to imagine the day he will see her with that guy. He know he will simply lose the bit of sanity that he is trying to hold on to.

Zara roll her eyes as she brush the drop of tear that grace her eyes. She can't explain how Huda has manage to destroy all her happiness even when she is married.

She honestly though that, that will be the end of their love saga once she is married but now her happiness and married life is threaten by Huda's marriage cause is just two weeks after the wedding but her husband seems more lost than before.

And finally yesterday he broke the news of his travel to Shanghai in China. To a company The Maleek ground is in partnership with in China. And Zara can swear that he is the one that request to be sent there.

The soft hand, that she knew to well which always makes butterflies flew in her stomach got hold on hers and brought her out of her thoughts.

Startled. She fix her bloodshot eyes on his blank ones and even today after all this time she still can't see and hear what she wishes from him and that only made the burning sensation on her chest to increase.

"Am soryyy..." Khalid whispers with a heavy heart as he swallow a huge lump on his throat. As soon as those words escape his lips, Zara shakes her head then tilt it to the other side while closing her eyes as the tears she's been trying to control finally come down.

Khalid knew what she wants to hear and he wish he can say it. But he knew that he will be lying to her if he does, and she doesn't deserve a lie from him. He respect and value her but that word and what she wants to hear has always been for one person and only her.

"Am Sorry..." He whispers again while engulfing her to a hug. He is doing this for both of them. This is the only way he can think of to save them all.

****

Huda was standing by the kitchen island washing vegetables when the door was slowly push open which made her to raise her gaze and set it on him.

She let it lingers for a while as he stride in before she looks back at her vegetables. He hasn't been home for three days now because of work. The dark circles under his eyes is visible enough for anyone to notice his lack of sleep.