42: mirabelle

Oh fuck. I think I'm going to be sick. Like actually.

I pace around Henry's living room, holding my hand to my stomach and my peace offering for him in the other hand. The peace offering I really hope he accepts.

Honestly, I wouldn't be able to blame him if he didn't.

I look at my phone, the time reading after one.

Henry should have been back by now.

I only know this because I texted Wilson to let him know I was coming to the house to surprise Henry since I think I figured my shit out. The talk I had with Mom yesterday was the exact thing I needed to hear. I spent the entire night staring at the ceiling, weighing the pros and cons of being with Henry and being without.

The pros of being with him outweighed every single con I could come up with.

I want to be with him.

I've never wanted to be with anyone else.

Lord knows that I'm kind of a mess after the whole nude scandal, and Henry is still dealing with everything going on with his mother. Sure, it might still be good if we work out our shit on our own, but I think we're stronger together than apart.

I hear the flip of the lock on the door and my heartbeat increases rapidly at the thought of being in the same room as him. I've missed him more than words can ever explain.

My nerves almost entirely float away when I catch sight of Henry's handsome face and I wait for him to notice I'm here. You're not supposed to get butterflies if you're truly in love because that means you're nervous.

When he finally looks up, his eyes widen before he blinks and rubs them as if he can't believe that I'm actually here.

"Hi Henry." I offer a short wave that makes my cheeks erupt into fire because that was so awkward. I have no idea what I'm doing.

"Mirabelle? What are you doing here?" He asks, hesitantly moving closer to me.

Fuck. I really really messed up.

"I know this is my fault that we're not together right now because I stupidly told you no when you asked to get back together. I thought it was the right thing to do, I really did. Except I think I was hurting both of us more than I was helping." I ramble, twisting the bouquet of flowers in my hand as Henry stares at me in shock. "There's no reason that I can't grow as an individual with you by my side."

"Mirabelle-" Henry says, moving to stand in front of me.

Except I cut him off.

"I'm not finished." I offer him the bouquet of roses I picked out and he looks at them confused. "My dad has always bought flowers for my mom. I asked him once and he told me the fact that he wanted to do it was how he knew that she was the one. That remembering to do the small things for someone shows how important they really are to you. I know it might be odd for me to be the one giving you flowers, but you were right. I do love you. I want to remember to do the small things for you."

Please take the flowers Henry.

Henry takes them from me, his fingers brushing over mine sending electric currents flowing through my body. "I don't think anyone has ever gotten me flowers before." He says quietly and I wonder if this is how Dad feels buying them for Mom.

"I know red is a little cliche, but-"

"Je les aime et toi." He interrupts, staring straight into my eyes and my soul. I love them and you.

"Vraiment?" I whisper and Henry sets the flowers down carefully Really?

Henry steps forward to pull me into his arms and I instantly wrap mine around his strong torso, pressing my face into his chest. "Vraiment." He confirms, holding me tight. Really.