10: henry

It's been a shit day. From starting my day off thinking someone had broken in and potentially hurt Mirabelle to finding her in the kitchen with Quinn wearing practically nothing after I specifically asked him to stay away from her.

I couldn't say anything without sounding like a complete and total possessive asshole over someone I really only have a fake claim on.

I think she deserves better than Quinn. Not that he isn't a great friend, but his first comment about Mira was that she's flexible.

My sister called but I missed it while I was talking to the team doctor. I'm sure she's just looking for information about my 'relationship' with Mira to tell our parents who I'm sure are grilling her.

The real icing on the cake is that my mom called me again. I declined again. Maybe this time she'll get the message, but most likely not.

Kinda ironic I'm ignoring her calls and Bash is ignoring mine.

"Sebastian-" I try to say, but I'm cut off quickly.

"After everything I've done for you, this is how you repay me? She's fucking five years younger than you!" He yells angrily and I know. I fucking know how messed up this is. Mira is five years younger than me. And I'm using her to further myself the exact same way I'm sick of other people using me.

"Look, I get you're upset, but you need to walk it off. This is not the kind of scene you want to be making." Owen interrupts as Thalia grabs Sebastian's arm to pull him back.

"It wasn't supposed to happen." I say calmly as Mirabelle turns to look at me in surprise.

"Please will you just listen to us?" Mirabelle pleads.

And then it goes further downhill than I could have imagined. "Is he taking advantage of you?" Sebastian asks Mira who is quick to shake her head in protest.

"Oh my god, no. Dad-"

"Singe, tu peux nous le dire. C'est bon." Thalia says soothingly towards Mirabelle as waves of pain wash over me once I realize what they're assuming. Monkey, you can tell us. It's okay.

I am taking advantage of her media standings and her last name, but I'm not fucking taking advantage of Mirabelle in the way they think I am.

"You guys really think that of me?" I ask, my voice thick as the words come out. They've known me since I was born, and they think I'm capable of forcing her to have sex with me? Mirabelle turns to look at me, a helpless expression on her face. "I would never hurt Mirabelle." Fuck, I'd rather hurt myself than hurt her intentionally.

Except instead of reassuring them I'm the same person I've always been, Sebastian seems almost more angry at my words.

"You were supposed to be looking out for her! What part of that included screwing us over to get in her pants? We've treated you like you were our own." He lunges forward at me, bumping into Owen who steps in front of him. "Owen, you better get the hell out of my way."

"So you can what? Beat the shit out of him in front of Mirabelle? Great parenting move beating up your daughter's boyfriend who also is the kid of some of your best friends."

Hit me. Please hit me. I deserve it. I can't stand having you mad at me. If it will fix this, hit me as much as you need.

"He's right Bash. I'm not happy about this either, but this isn't the time or place." Thalia shakes her head, trying to get Bash's attention to calm him.