30: mirabelle

I finish pinning the last curl into place and do one last sweep of mascara in the mirror. Slipping into the sleek fabric of the dress, I zip it up easily and call Emily.

She answers after two rings and then her eyes widen. "Goddamn you look good. I knew that dress was perfect for you. Where are you off to?" She asks playfully, knowing fully well where I'm headed especially since she sent me the dress.

"A gala," I answer, giggling softly as I swish the sparkly tassels. I love this dress. It's so fun and it just fits my personality right now. Emily just knows me perfectly; she's like my fairy godmother.

"Oh and where is your prince?" Emily teases with a knowing smile.

"Finishing getting ready himself." It's that or he's waiting downstairs with Andrew and Wilson. Andrew flew in an hour ago for the gala since he's a part of the organization. The team he's currently on played in Florida today so he was able to fly out right after the game for the gala. It's something that my parents, my uncle and a couple of the players formed a couple years ago.

She giggles, "Oh I think once he sees how hot you look, neither of you will be attending the gala."

My cheeks flush but a part of me is hoping that she's at least partially right. I want to have sex with him. I just don't want to get my hopes up about tonight finally being the night.

It's not like it's my first time, I've had sex with three other boys, but they were just that: boys. Henry is a man and I am so looking forward to experiencing that level of intimacy with him.

"We'll be attending but I don't think you'll be hearing from me afterwards." I wink playfully at her.

"Get it girl. Make sure you tell the paparazzi just where you got your dress from."

I swish my hips, watching the tassels dance. "Of course. Bye bestie." I blow her a kiss before hanging up.

I slip into a pair of stilettos that are high enough they might break my ankle if I step the wrong way, but they're the perfect accessory.

There's just a small bundle of nerves in my stomach that I try to resolve.

I look good.

Like really fucking good.

I push any hesitation out of my head as I smooth my palms down my dress, grab my clutch and I step out of my room, walking confidently down the stairs in my deathtrap heels.

Henry, Wilson, and Andrew are in the middle of a conversation, all dressed to the tens. Wilson is wearing a charcoal grey suit while Andrew is donned in navy. But I'm not looking at them. My eyes are only on Henry as his jaw unhinges slightly as he looks at me.

Don't trip.

Whatever you do, don't trip.

I thankfully make it to the bottom of the stairs and smile brightly at them. "Are we ready to go?"

Henry still hasn't spoken any words, but his bright hazel eyes are telling me everything I need to know.

His full lips are parted in shock and his hair is the only unkempt part of him from his polished shoes to the perfectly fitting black suit. His dark brown hair is styled messily and I resist the urge to run my fingers through it.

Then I take a second to appreciate the way his black suit fits him, emphasizing his handsome looks that are already heart stopping. Literally. I think my heart has skipped a few beats.

Andrew clears his throat, "So the limo has been here for a couple minutes now. Are we going to leave or are you just going to stare at each other?"

Wilson laughs, "Dude, at least you don't have to live with them. Every time we get back from an away game that Mira doesn't come to it's like this."