19: mirabelle

"Thanks so much for letting me borrow clothes and crash in here." Kaitlyn says, pulling my shirt over her head. I'm taller than her so the shirt is long, but it's just to sleep in.

I push a smile towards her, resisting the urge to ask her if she knows what's going on with Bailey. My heart hurts after hearing what he said tonight. I don't know what I've done to him, but I want to fix it more than anything. "Of course."

She pulls back the fresh sheets I'd put on the bed for her. "Hey Mira?"

Please please please say something about Bailey. It's literally killing me not to ask. I just want to know.

"Yeah?"

Kaitlyn smiles at me, exhaustion showing in the bags under her eyes. "I'm really glad you're dating my brother. He deserves someone great and you're the best." Right. She and the twins think I'm actually dating Henry. Great.

Oh if that isn't just a punch to my already fragile ego. "Me too." I've been avoiding Henry as much as possible. It hurts to look at him because I just keep thinking about how he couldn't fucking say anything to me in response to my admission. I'm mortified that I tripped and fell into the pool.

I'm not saying he needed to return my feelings; sure, it would have been great. I just wanted him to say something. Not just stand there and tell me he didn't know. It's so frustrating.

And! I'm still fucking fake dating him! It's just even more awkward now because he now knows I have feelings for him!

I've also been a little bit of an idiot when it comes to Quinn. I have no idea what I'm doing. While Henry was out for his run, Quinn asked me to go on a date with him and I was blindsided so I said yes without thinking. He's a good guy and I'm not saying I don't like him. I think I could like him. My feelings for Henry are confusing it all.

In conclusion, my life is a fucking shit show right now.

Henry is handing Hunter pillows since he's crashing on the floor of Wilson's room because all the extra rooms have been taken. Bailey is passed out on the couch. He threw up when we got here and then laid on the couch, falling asleep almost instantly.

It's well past midnight and Hunter looks exhausted. I don't blame him. I guess that's what happens when you go to a concert and then jail. I hover for a moment in the hallway, watching them interact.

Then I walk down into the kitchen where I sit at the table, deciding if I should make Hunter make this call or if I should. He asked if I'd make it, but I'm debating whether it'd be a good idea to have him do it as punishment. I know they're both probably awake still. I drag my hands down my face before setting the phone on the counter and hitting my mom's number, pressing the speaker button. She's more likely to be awake.

It only rings once before she answers. "Singe? Tout va bien?" Monkey? Is everything okay?

I feel tears blur my eyes as the breath I take is strangled. "Hi Mom."

"I'm so happy you called. Dad said I needed to wait for you to reach out; that we needed to give you time. I've really missed you." The emotion in her voice is thick and I close my eyes, resting my head in my hands. I know this conversation is long overdue.

"I missed you too." I say quietly.

"I'm so sorry for how we reacted to your relationship with Henry. If he makes you happy then I'm glad that you're together. That's all we want for you Mirabelle."

My cheeks are wet with silent tears because all I want to do is tell her everything that's been going on. How I'm absolutely fucking heartbroken. How much I've missed her and Dad. Everything with Bailey and now Hunter.