18: henry

God I fucked up. I know it. I've spent the last week paying for it too. Mirabelle's been ignoring me every chance she has, but Stacey doesn't care as long as when we're photographed together, everything looks fine.

On the bright side, my image has never looked better thanks to some of the articles that have been published that make me seem more relatable. I'm shocked Mira can find nice things to write.

Too bad I feel like an asshole.

Now that I'm thinking back on it, I was an idiot for not seeing Mirabelle's feelings. I asked her at dinner a while ago who she thoughts I should be with, and she ran to the bathroom. I thought it was because I'd overstepped by asking the question, but now I'm certain it's because she didn't want to say herself. It also explains why she was so upset when I assumed she had feelings for Quinn.

Quinn and Wilson have been bugging me about Mirabelle's mood and I'm this close to snapping at them to mind their own business. Quinn thinks its because he kissed her and I'm not quite sure what Wilson thinks.

I do know that I'm pretty much everyone's least favorite person now based on the look Emily shot me when she left and the message I got from JJ. To sum it up, they basically reaffirmed what I'm already feeling inside: I'm a fucking idiot.

I hear the familiar click of Mirabelle's heels behind me, "Allons-y." Let's go.

I turn my phone off, forgetting about the email I'd been trying to draft to stand up. In her heels, Mirabelle reaches my chin. "I didn't think you were the one going with me today."

"I didn't want to but Stacey is busy. So I'm going as your fake girlfriend and I'm supposed to be gathering information about the next article I have to write." She says bluntly and I let her comments roll of my shoulders. "Is it a problem that I'm going with you?"

Her dark eyes are watching me carefully and I shake my head. "It's not a problem Mira. We're friends."

Yeahhh, that really wasn't the best thing to say right there. She turns away from me quickly without saying anything and leads the way. Unfortunately, we run into Quinn.

He smiles at her, "Hey Mirabelle, you busy making him look and sound a lot better than he really is?"

My jaw clenches when she laughs and smiles back at him. I can't even get her to look at me for more than a few seconds at a time and she's laughing with him? "Unfortunately yes."

"How's Bailey doing? Have you heard from him yet?"

The smile on Mirabelle's face slips. "No, I haven't. I'm sure it'll be fine, thanks for asking."

What is Q talking about? What's going on with Bailey?

"It's no problem just let me know if I can do anything." He smiles reassuringly at Mirabelle and my blood boils underneath my skin. Goddamn.

"Sorry to break up the party, but I have somewhere to be and so does Mirabelle. Are you staying at the house tonight?" I ask Quinn, noting the glare Mirabelle shoots me.

He nods, "Yeah. Didn't mean to make you late for anything. I'll just see you later then."

I need to go for a run. Literally anything that will help me clear my head. Actually surfing sounds really fucking nice right now. I can't stand not being on speaking terms with Mirabelle.

We walk away and Mirabelle mumbles under her breath, just low enough that I can't hear. Probably what she intended to do. I sigh and shove my hands into my pocket as I keep up with Mira's long strides. Do I ask what's wrong with Bailey? Would Mira even answer me if I do ask?