22: henry

"She was crying and you kissed her?" Andrew asks, surprise in his voice.

I press harder on the gas pedal, feeling the engine purr as I do so. It sends a thrill through me. "Yeah."

Andrew's laugh filters through the line. "You're a fucking idiot."

Yeah. I am a fucking idiot. I literally pushed her straight into Q's arms too with all my I don't know's.

"Oh, we're not even at the best part."

"So it gets worse from you kissing her while she cries?"

I roll my eyes as I fly around a corner going a little faster than I should be. Just kidding. A lot faster. "Oh so it starts raining which is supposedly that romantic shit girls like, I go to kiss her again and bam. It's like she hit me with a fucking truck. Mira told me she is going on a date with one of my roommates."

"Oh shit. Quinn finally made a move?"

Yeah, because I fucking drug my feet for too long.

"Yeah. They're supposed to get together in a little bit." Quinn's been talking about it non-stop the last two days. Asking me all her favorite things. I love the guy, I'm just pissed that he made a move on my girl. Partially why I left the house. I didn't want to see how good she'll look for him and now me.

Except, she's not my girl. That's not how this works.

Well I guess technically everyone in the world right now believes that Mirabelle and I are together so that would make her my girl.

"Where the hell are they going to go if everyone thinks you and Mirabelle are together?"

I scowl immediately because Mirabelle and I would probably actually be together if I had just formed any other set of words besides I don't know. What I do know is that it physically pains me to see her hurting and upset. I how I hate thinking about her being with Quinn. How seeing her can make my whole day.

"I think they're just going to eat dinner at his apartment or something. I wasn't really listening." I respond, pressing the gas pedal down further and my grip on the wheel tightens. I focus on the road instead of the thundering anger in my head. It's fine that she wants to go on a date with him. Mirabelle is allowed to do whatever she wants.

Except you want her to do whatever with you, that tiny annoying little voice in my head says.

"Some first date," He scoffs and the first hint of a smile starts to form on my face for the first time this conversation. I hit the brake as I come up on a bend in the road, slowing down tremendously so I don't wrap my car around a tree out here. That'd be just what I need.

"Right. I at least took her to one of her favorite restaurants."

Andrew chuckles, "Yeah, but for a fake date."

My smile dies. "Right." He gets to take her on a real date.

"Okay, so I might be an idiot, but at least I'm not as big of one as you. You like Mirabelle, right?"

I grunt a short response, accelerating again to pass a car driving the actual speed limit. It'd be impossible not to like her. Mirabelle's...she's incredible.

"For fuck's sake, this is like pulling teeth. No wonder she's going on a date with Quinn. Did you explicitly tell her that you like her?"

I roll my eyes, "I kissed her. I don't kiss people I don't like."

Andrew sighs loudly, "I wish I was with you right now so I could tell you what an idiot you are in person. Let me repeat: you're a fucking idiot. Girls need it to be spelled out for them. Like explicitly say, I like you Mirabelle, will you have my babies?"